Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Loved the Raising Arizona style scene with Nikki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That resolved itself.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Surmise.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I think I'm going to like Nikki a lot.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Howard reminded me a lot of Sy Ableman.

I also felt a bit of Inside Llewyn Davis for that episode.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

As far as they know he was 82.

Perhaps he came into contact with the UFO in Sioux Falls.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Holy poo poo I haven't heard Peter and the Wolf since I was a kid

I'll spoiler tag it in case it has significance: The words of the narration seems to be from the David Bowie-narrated version of Peter and the Wolf.

Of course, it could just because someone's a fan.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Don't bang the cattle.

and

You're in a shitstorm and we're the ones holding the umbrella. Are you going to take it.

Ray's whole world is crashing down.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Si, this is not good.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

"My mom."

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Nice double reference to the original film.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Not killing her before the cops found her:

Meemo was going to, but got the call about Ray's death and thus had to leave as it was a bigger problem. Perhaps Varga even told him to let Nikki live as they were going to let her take the fall.

Why wouldn't you want Nikki dead now?

They'd like the story that Ray beat her and she killed him, but the only way to control the story is to control Nikki. She could still produce evidence of where she was considering how fast Ray's body was found. The only way to control Nikki is to kill her and the syringe might have been to make it look like a suicide.

I'm assuming it was a Varga henchman. Nikki would have stayed in the lockup there if it hadn't been for the murder attempt. She was only being sent off to a more secure prison for protective custody reasons. Yuri wouldn't have any other reason to attack the bus as far as we know.

Yuri's bus attack could be symbolic of Varga beginning to unravel. Sy was able to talk to some sense to Emmit by pointing out how hare-brained it would be for Sy to side with Ray.

I'm probably reading too much into it.

Also hoping the Widow Goldfarb pops up again.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 3, 2017

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My cat got out of her bed when she heard Ray :3:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Fog Tripper posted:

Are we to assume Burgles cop friend's questioning of the lady in the restaurant didn't result in anything?
Or did I miss something this week.

Winnie's questioning of the Widow Goldfarb wasn't mentioned.

I doubt much came out of it. Emmit was acting strange, but not insanely so. Plus the Widow Goldfarb wanted to make a deal with Emmit.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

YESSSSS Nikki and Mr Wrench

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Just noticed that this one was titled Somebody to Love and now that ending makes perfect sense to me.

A Serious Man.

(Which everybody probably figured out way before me.)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

NetflixAndRichHill posted:

I thought it was pretty dumb that NIkki and Wrench just kind of gave up on Varga after the empty elevator came down.

We're not sure of Wrench's motivations or what he might have done afterwards. They were after the money. They got the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Another thing about the ending.

Varga was going to be charged with five murders.

I can't recall if they specifically mentioned which five. Was Emmit included? Gloria did ask if he was involved in that slaying.

• Locked thread