Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I almost tweeted that Better Call Saul was the best thing on TV on Tuesday. Glad I'm not left looking silly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Oh and separate thing, we had Martin Freeman as the foreigner doing a midwest American accent in S1 and now McGregor doing that across two roles in S3, was there a prominent foreigner doing that in S2? I'm just wondering if that's happened with a major character in each season of the show, because it'd be fun if it was.

British actors doing major roles as Americans in American TV is a pretty common thing. Off the top of my head I can think of The Wire with both McNulty and Stringer, The Walking Dead, Deadwood and Sons of Anarchy.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So this is the furthest south Fargo has gone (barring Sioux Falls I guess? It's in South Dakota, right?)

wait, no. Luverne is down in the corner there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LostRook posted:

Haven't the Chinese been making major inroads throughout various African nations over the last few years? It's not much, but that could tie to Varga.

I mean Varga's crew seems to have a multinational make-up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a Chinese spy or something.

He did greet the guy at the parking lot at Chinese after trying English and (I think) Russian.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SaviourX posted:

Indeed it was, and the narrator I'm pretty sure was Jean Smart, matron of the Gerhardts in season 2.

the narrator was just Gloria, right?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Man, I loved that brief glint of a smile on Emmit's face when Vargas proposed taking him into the billionaire business before he went back to stony faced.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jeez, my expectations were that they were going to get photos of Sy and Nikki together to follow up Varga's insinuations that Sy was working with Ray. Also what was that wolf thing?

Lol at "unchained" Sy being to offer them $40,000 to go away forever.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 18, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Did that happen season one

when Malvo was pretending to be a dentist.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ok so Xfinity is only letting me watch the recording that my parents made last night, but they hosed it up somehow and the recording didn't start until Mr. Wrench was cutting Nikki loose. What did I miss before then?

Varga's goons setting up the trap to overturn the bus.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I enjoy that Varga calls Nikki "The Swango".

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Did they reveal that Ray had traded the stamps for that lovely car before last episode?

A depressing reveal.

I feel like I already knew that. There was the whole thing with Ray claiming the stamps were rightfully his and that Emmit tricked him. This was the first time it was confirmed that Emmit did actually trick him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the ending was good and cool btw

why did Wrench wait 5 years to kill Emmit though?

• Locked thread