Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh my god, its happening right now!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

So the show is watching itself then....

In s2 we were the aliens. This show is doing some meta 4th wall through the looking glass poo poo spanning multiple seasons.

I hope Westworld does it this good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

IS the old guys house the same as the gertharts?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The big wrap-around porch and the barn in the background seemed familiar.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The lady cop sure has a lot of problems with technology. door doesn't see her, phone doesn't work ..... is she touched by the aliens? Deus ex machina?

Will she have a win or loss because of this technology thing later...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is that loving Mac???

It's loving Mac!!! ahahahaha

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

For a second I thought it could also be that tall doughy friend neighbor from Love

Also thought the hotel was the same one they filmed the shootout at, but then I realized all motels basically look the same. It could have been shot at there maybe, like from a production point of view.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I keep hearing the iphone text clicking noise - it's been in two scenes now.

e: This is a great ride of an episode. Smooth and fun

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 4, 2017

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

That epside was great. Why are we here, watching fargo?

I felt like I got fargo out of this episode for sure. Moments were able to breath, we chased down a lead, got to the bottom of it.... and it turned out to be a deadend. Oh well, thems the breaks sometimes. She thought she had a lead. We got a story.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A name he got from the toilet

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Maldoror posted:

Holy crap, was the robot animation sequence done by Don Hertzfeldt (It's Such a Beautiful Day, World of Tomorrow)?

Surprised that I didn't see this mentioned on a forum search (unless the forum search is broken or I did the search wrong).

Google searches come up with articles that mention that the sequence definitely is reminiscent of World of Tomorrow, but nothing that confirms if Don Hertzfeldt did it or not.

yea, i went through the same thing (also with mac) a little dissappoiting that they didn't get hertzfeldt themselves

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nahhh

nah on both counts: havent seen it and also not ruining it

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Looked like the room Vargas took over had servers in it. Are they running some crpyto poo poo in there or something?

Didnt realize how serious he was when he said "new it stuff"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

im thinkin one of the brothers is gonna die and the ohter is gonna take over their life

Probably vargas approved (like when rich stussy doesnt wanna play ball)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The writer was on fresh air yesterday, and the old cheif def has a schrodinger thing going on that was accented:
-divored and not divorced
-cheif and not a cheif
-electronics don't see here
-is a lady "out of time", no facebook, computers, etc

The part where auto sensors don't see her is def some quantum mechanics stuff - the detectors don't see her because she is and isn't at the same time.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528459775/fargo-is-a-series-about-the-things-people-do-for-money

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh gently caress, I forgot it was on tonight! shieeeeet

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

loving poo poo i tuned in and caught the last 5 minutes thinking it was the beginning of the ep.

it was after 11, that should be the encore!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Ray and Nikki gonna take down an international crime syndicate by accident

nah not this time

this time the bumbling couple is gonna get killed or incur tragedy

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh poo poo, this ep is this seasons loving off the rail alien shootout through the looking glass thing

Intro was amazing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh my god its twin shootout

Oh wait, you can tell them apart because of the hair

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this dude went from being evil to being really helpful and kind of nice in the way he helps explain it

wooow suuuuuuuch good writing and delivery this is greaaat

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Capntastic posted:

Astounding to me that even though he wanted his enraged brother to concede Emmit won the duel because he had the moral high ground

lol shouldn't have hosed wiht someone who has the high ground. a classic and ancient mistake

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol at everyone that thinks this seasons isnt peaking.

fargo is peaking all the time, every moment of every episode. i feel bad for you that you cant enjoy it and instead post long worded stuff on the internet about the specifics of why you can't expiereince that

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo

The back end of this season seems to transform, and it is doing very good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wait, hang on, I may take that back

who the gently caress is this

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

did we just have a moment of unreliable narration? or did we get a actor swap like at the end of s2 with hanzee. Was it hanzee lol?

e: OH WAIT I GET IT

EARLY RELEASE EMMIT

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This was a very good and exciting episode.

Turns out the self actualizing couple wasn't nikki and ray. It's instead wrench and nikki! Ray was just a shclup that died along the way to this cute match up!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What was with the opening 80s era Stasi scene? I thought Varga or something would tie back into that but it didn't. I did get the bookend-ness of the DHS scene and that opening Stasi interview scene. Maybe that's all the connection their was, I dunno.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ornithology posted:

Ending scene was a copy of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM nearly word for word

Ah I thought it sounded familiar

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

-

The scene's sole relevance to the plot is that the actual murderer went on to become one of Varga's henchmen. Beyond that it was really just thematic.
The russian dude?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I liked nikki but emmit didn't mean to kill his dumb brother. The guy pulled the glass frame into his own face. Emmity shoulda told her that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Agreed

Emmitt got hosed real bad in this season. He's a pretty tragic character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I was not able to get into this season, I felt like I kept waiting for it to 'get good' and it never really did. It never gave me a reason to like any of the characters and it felt like everything went nowhere.

• Locked thread