Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Was it just me or McGregor as the rich brother is less convincing than himself as the parole officer brother? There is something stilted about his delivery, which might be on purpose, but I think he also sometimes slips into his native Scottish accent a bit as Emmit.

Also, just realised that the brothers' names make 'emit ray' together, like a laser or something. Maybe this will be tied to the sci-fi books.

socketwrencher posted:

Makes sense, but why would she be astonished to see the books?
Because he was a no-nonsense fundamentalist Christian by the looks of it. Writing or even reading stories about aliens and amazing worlds beyond our own doesn't gel well with that usually. But he obviously still had some interest in it, because the show he watched (season 2 of Fargo) was also about aliens.

scuba school sucks posted:

Man, that opening scene. (Really ALL the scenes, but...) I love that guy, I think that was a MORE intimidating "German interrogates hapless prisoner" than the milk scene in Basterds. Not only was that guy the Nazi torturer from The Man From UNCLE, the first few notes of the TV Fargo theme were the same as the first few notes of "Torture In D Minor" that was the soundtrack of the Nazi torture scene in The Man From UNCLE.

It was a Soviet officer interrogating a German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ESDK posted:

No, it was a Stasi-Officer. He was speaking german and wearing the appropriate uniform.

Took a closer look at his cap, and it is indeed a stasi one. I guess the song in Russian and him inviting the suspect to sit down in perfect Russian threw me off. His face also looks extremely Russian to me for whatever reason.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Looking at Season 2's cast, there's no main or recurring character played by someone from outside the US.

But, Martin Freeman was the Narrator, so it's up to you whether that counts or not. Personally, I don't think it's an intentional thing.

Bear Gerhardt was played by an Australian actor.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr. Nemo posted:

That was german.

The song "Кукушечка" (Cuckoo) is in Russian, and he definitely says 'сядьте' (sit down) to the guy. Everything else is obviously in German.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

KoRMaK posted:

lol shouldn't have hosed wiht someone who has the high ground. a classic and ancient mistake

I get this joke and I appreciate it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yo dig this. it's fargo and it's an old story

"the corvette and the stamp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xhWWdGm8fE

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Emmitt didn't deserve to die. Nicky was a horrible person who is ultimately responsible for Ray's death. This is my opinion.

• Locked thread