Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Ewan as Ray looks like a cross between Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs and Tom Cruise in Born On The Fourth Of July, and it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

NowonSA posted:

Oh and separate thing, we had Martin Freeman as the foreigner doing a midwest American accent in S1 and now McGregor doing that across two roles in S3, was there a prominent foreigner doing that in S2? I'm just wondering if that's happened with a major character in each season of the show, because it'd be fun if it was.

Looking at Season 2's cast, there's no main or recurring character played by someone from outside the US.

But, Martin Freeman was the Narrator, so it's up to you whether that counts or not. Personally, I don't think it's an intentional thing.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's silly but, at first I thought Nikki had taken a very tiny poo poo in Emmit's drawer.

Chadzok posted:

it's the actress, not the character. she was having similar problems over in the Leftovers this week as well.

I love this post and think it's the funniest in this thread, because the way it's written it seems completely sincere and like whoever wrote it truly believes this.

precision posted:

Like I'm even wondering if McGregor's accent slipping when he's Emmitt is supposed to be intentional and he's a Scottish con artist or something because he keeps it in check as Ray (and as every other American he's ever played in his career).

This is a good observation. I'd been wondering about the Emmit accent as well, and you're right, I hadn't thought about how Ewan McGregor has never had a problem with them before that I can remember.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I really don't like the color palate for this season :/

it seems...the same? Maybe I'm just not sensitive to that level of cinematography detail.

Edit: vvv Nice catches!

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 29, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

GobiasIndustries posted:

Assuming they salt their roads up there (I lived in MI and we salted the hell out of our roads in the winter) it can be extremely difficult to keep a car looking nice if you aren't on top of things.

As someone who was born and lived in Minnesota: You bet your rear end they salt the hell out of the roads up there and winter can last 3/5 of the year so cars get wrecked by rust.

Accretionist posted:

Anyone else feel like Nikki might be taking Ray for a ride?

I think she was, at first, but then something seemed to really change for her in how she saw Ray when Scoot McNairy barged in and she learned that Ray had actually tried to do something about his beef with his brother.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Are all these gigantic, global crime syndicates in Minnesota based on something real or are they completely made up? It's so loving ridiculous that you have all these Anton Chigurs and various crime families fighting over some bland, sleepy small towns.

Not sure why you're jumping to this conclusion for this season, seeing as how we have no idea where VM Vargas is from ("America." notwithstanding), who/what his organization really is or where they're from, and the Rich Stussy brother's office and Vargas have not been in a "sleepy little town", they've been in the major US city of Minneapolis as far as I know.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The original Fargo was partly based on at least a couple incidents if I remember correctly. Now, it's just a stylistic holdover for the most part I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Jimmy Carter reference.

• Locked thread