Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
This show seems to know exactly how long to let a shot last so it can breathe but not overstay its welcome. Great start to the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

If she has not internal bleeding and damaged organs, she'll be fine. That's what she's probably hoping for.
Hell, even then, a lot of internal injuries just undergo watchful waiting anyway. It's not like everyone with a liver lac or splenic rupture died before modern surgery. But it would sure hurt like hell.

I heard of but thankfully was not involved in a case where a midlevel provider sent someone home after missing a goddamned tension pneumothorax on a plain film. Admin on call tried frantically to get a hold of the guy and couldn't. Months later he shows up for something unrelated, says that he was short of breath for a while but got better.

Repeat film with complete resolution.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Krispy Kareem posted:

I hope the next episode is in 2020 so we can see if Trump made Fargo great again.

MFGA.

It's about to get weirder, though, since Lisa Simpson gets elected in 2020 after Trump bankrupts the country.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Fog Tripper posted:

No, because this is the first season I've watched.

I actually like this season, but yeah: go back and watch the other two. I think season one is still my favorite, but there's plenty to love about all of them.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

precision posted:

One thing I really loved was how the final scene mirrored the first in every way. In the final scene, we're rooting for Gloria's version of the truth, even though it doubtless doesn't line up with what the documents in Varga's pocket say, or what Google says if you look him up. We've seen a story that tells us this man is VM Varga and he deserves to be punished for transgressions.

In the opening scene, we're rooting for the man being interrogated (or indifferent to him) specifically because we haven't seen any story, or the story. All we know is that it sounds like he's the victim of bureaucracy; but in the final scene, we're being explicitly shown the hubris of bureaucracy to believe that it can transcend facts, and hoping that it can't.
I actually really liked this season, but this parallel makes it just a little bit better.

• Locked thread