Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Barreft posted:

Can someone explain the love for Carrie Coon? She plays a good middle aged mom/cop in Fargo but I don't see what is making people go, "Oh I started watching because of Carrie Coon". Besides Leftovers is there something I'm missing here?

She's a good actress but I'm guessing I missed a few Bryan Cranston-esque shows/movies from her? I never even heard of her before Fargo this season.

I'm not being sarcastic at all, I feel like I've missed a Walter White type performance and I'd love to watch it.

For my part it's her Leftovers performance, which is really phenomenal. While I had high hopes for this season of Fargo in part due to her casting, they really haven't (or hadn't by the time I stopped watching) given her much to do.

Basically Leftovers is the "Walter White type performance," at least in terms of showing off her chops.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Count me as one who wasn't terribly impressed with episode 3. If you're going to completely grind your season narrative to a halt just as it should be ramping up, it should at least tell us something about the characters involved. Instead our investigator hero spends the whole hour barely doing anything while chasing a lead we know is irrelevant and at best offers an explanation for why a character we saw for one scene was kind of a jerk. Felt like a waste of time and was one of the reasons I dropped the season shortly thereafter.

• Locked thread