Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Josh Lyman posted:

Perfect misspelling because that award is poop.

The literature Nobel. Also the peace one.

Because words never changed the world amirite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Mae posted:

My small town coworkers sometimes refer to it as "whipping a nut" (Alberta) so there's that too.

We also have the quaint 'whip a lovely.'

Both of which are usually used when spinning doughnuts in a parking lot, but somehow also sometimes mean a 180.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Yeah, the titles fading out and leaving Story as the last word are a nice touch this time. Considering the hidden novels and the dybbuk-style story at the start about truths.

Also, it's nice to play spot the landmarks with a city (and towns) other than Vancouver or Toronto this time. Yay, Calgary!

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Lost Season posted:

I'm pretty sure the astronaut in the very first cartoon sequence was Ewan McGregor, too.

Indeed it was, and the narrator I'm pretty sure was Jean Smart, matron of the Gerhardts in season 2.

quote:

i genuinely liked that episode even though it seems completely insular. it feels like they were an ep short in the season and just threw in a fun short story.

It all ties into the idea of stories and identity, which is entirely my jam. And we found out the Stussy connection.

It was nice to have two things that took us completely out of normal Fargo (LA and the animated dreams), but still felt like a Coen-y noir.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 4, 2017

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Why do people always call character development episodes "filler"? Character development is important, y'all.

Have you ever been to TVIV before? Or any other tv forum, really.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Good luck with your homicide!
(I almost hoped it would be Molly. Almost.)

This show and BCS are so far ahead of everything else. Mr. Robot in close third.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Fargo S3: "You want a good cop, but you need the bad Stussy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

It's all the switching up of 'oo' sounds.

• Locked thread