Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

clown shoes posted:

I can only recall Dennis in season one.

That's because the rest are nobodies no one has heard of or cares about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ArmZ posted:

a serious man is so good and they've fit it to this season very well

https://youtu.be/NbzWYjVrvpI

https://youtu.be/uoetGnTIjWY

Very troubling... very troubling...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I don't mind the villains as much, but rather some of the cops. It's just lazy writing to have them be obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. Even if main cop lady's new boss (Nucky's brother to me) hates her, he would begrudgingly see by now that something is going on. I can buy fat cowardly deputy running away and perceiving the danger because it fits his character, but characters that are dumb for no reason than create conflict aggravate the poo poo out of me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ArmZ posted:

i tend to agree, but on the other hand that is exactly how an insecure macho cop would treat a woman he felt threatened by, talking down to her, etc.

In your head and in a badly written character's plot sure.

Talk down to, sure. Ignore clear cut evidence of a homicide spree and conspiracy? No.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

lifts cats over head posted:

One thing that has bothered me about Varga is when they show him "hacking" he's basically just typing their name into google and/or facebook.

Has anything on the show actually claimed he was hacking and not simply searching for things on the internet?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ArmZ posted:

you should read transcripts from gender discrimination trials/depositions. i have.

Did they involve police departments and homicide cases? I'd love to read them actually.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

Like how do you perfectly execute an ambush on a prison transfer bus but then just let two unarmed, chained together prisoners walk away? I thought that might've been the plan, but nope. And then, now armed with crossbows, have them surrounded in an exposed position, but manage to lose a dude and an ear?

I don't understand the awe being placed on them ambushing the prison bus. Prisoners were being transported from a local station to presumably the only state prison within a 100 miles or so. There is also presumably a highway that runs between the two. It would not be hard to figure out the bus's route and lay in wait. Since everyone is chained up those transports they usually only have a driver and maybe one more officer, they're not troop carriers. As far as losing them in the opening, there was just the two of them at that point. They killed Qualls and got a lucky shot on Yuri. You could argue about plausibility but then I'd point out it's a tv show.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Loved that line at the end about how good is the problem because if there wasn't any then who would care. I'll admit the first two seasons are stronger but this one is pretty drat good.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Other than that, I'm completely underwhelmed. This show is so far up its own rear end with its long, drawn-out credit sequences and "This is a true story..." crap and deep messages or whatever the gently caress that finish was supposed to be.

Why would you watch anything to do with the Coen brothers if you feel this way? Killing time between Jeff Dunham specials?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Calico Heart posted:

Between the first two seasons of the show, I read a comment on this forum that really stuck with me. "Fargo is the worst type of show because it thinks it's about something, but it isn't"

Just because you or that person didn't get something doesn't mean there wasn't meaning behind it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Calico Heart posted:

Conversely, what is deep and meaningful to you may be shallow and trite to me :shrug:

You didn't say shallow or trite, you said it had no meaning which is factually incorrect. The best kind of incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

You accept 30FPS?

What autist nerd even considers fps when deciding what to watch?

• Locked thread