Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Man idk, I think the premise is starting to wear a little thin. The Ray/Nikki murder cover up plot feels a little rote after the Martin Freeman and Mary Jane/Ricky Hitler plots.

Still really well done and I'm all on board for the season. I really like the Guy Ritchie character who has immigrated to the Fargo universe, that's a premise I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Fargo's a cop show.

Well yeah but I'm talking about the specific premise of disaffected small town Minnesotans goin' off and killin' again

But like I said, minor nitpick.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I must have gotten a concussion recently because I don't remember when I said they should switch to reimagining Home Alone or anything like that. Although now I have my idea for how I'm going to get my break into Hollywood.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I really don't like the color palate for this season :/

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

it seems...the same? Maybe I'm just not sensitive to that level of cinematography detail.

Edit: vvv Nice catches!

Idk. Grey and beige seem to be the dominant colors of almost every shot this year. Scenes between Emmitt and his lawyer take this so far they're practically in black & white.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I feel like it's more extreme this season though.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
This is a true story.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Lmao at the bozos who are going to get thrown off a parking garage searching for criminals

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Season 2 is a story that Ennis Stussy wrote

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I knew I recognized that music from somewhere.

But watching clips of Mr Wrench and Mr Numbers has just reminded me of how far this show has fallen from season 1 :/

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Sure, but you don't need to search for it explicitly. That's not how google works or ever worked.

He first did a search for "Eden Valley Police Department" on its own and got nothing (because they don't have a web presence). Doing a more specific search after getting nothing the first time shows he understands what he's doing.

If he were your average grandparent he'd be on the 12th page of ask jeeves and end up installing Bonzai Buddy. This is a weird thing to be pedantic about.

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 6, 2017

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Welp my first google search gave me no results, guess I should just retire from my criminal empire

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I finally realized the aspect of the Cohen films they were going for this season. It's to make you feel like JK Simmons' character at the end of Burn After Reading.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

Especially Gloria's story; it just seems thrown in haphazardly, and I really like her character and wish we could see more.

Her story has been stretched so thin you could make carbon nanotubes out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
This loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks and I'm so glad it's almost over

• Locked thread