Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
God I love this show. What other show can have an Italian novelty song and Tuvan Throat singing on the soundtrack without it feeling like it's trying too hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

Paladinus posted:

Because he was a no-nonsense fundamentalist Christian by the looks of it. Writing or even reading stories about aliens and amazing worlds beyond our own doesn't gel well with that usually. But he obviously still had some interest in it, because the show he watched (season 2 of Fargo) was also about aliens.

I think he's just crotchety. He was voicing pretty standard old person opinions, especially for 2010.

incidentally are we sure who's father he is? When Gloria was searching the house she called out "Ennis" rather than "Dad."

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

Doctor Rope

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Are all these gigantic, global crime syndicates in Minnesota based on something real or are they completely made up? It's so loving ridiculous that you have all these Anton Chigurs and various crime families fighting over some bland, sleepy small towns.

There might be some truth to it but I think it's supposed to be a bit surreal and also play up the contrasts.

• Locked thread