Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I do feel that S3 has made me want to see the villains get their comeuppance far more than previously, which is impressive given this is the same show with Dodd Gerhardt. To see a moment when the Wolf finally meets someone who is not afraid of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm finding myself rolling my eyes at the constant metaphors and story asides the antagonists seem so fond of (whether it's Varga, Moe, or the Ukrainian). Every conflict has seemingly required them to deliver one and it's gotten a bit tiresome, and I'm really hoping at least one at the end ends with Nikki/Gloria basically going "oh my god WHO CARES" and cutting them off to ice them/arrest them/whatever.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The implication I got after thinking about the episode later, which if it is the case is not conveyed in the episode very well, is that by having Gloria discovering Ray's body so quickly the police were able to figure out that Nikki was at the hotel somehow and picked her up before Varga could get to her. Because the alternative doesn't make that much sense if they are going to try so hard to kill her afterwards.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I thought he left to clean up the Ray scene, though if he actually was able to do anything it was not obvious. Maybe he was going to but Gloria beat him to the punch (allowing Nikki to pick out that detail in the photo). But again, if this is meant to be the case it is not conveyed in the episode very well.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 2, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jerusalem posted:

One of my favorite bits of season 2 is when Peggy finally actually manages to articulate how she feels and how unfair society's expectations/demands are and it's all actually quite accurate and compelling but then Lou quite rightly cuts her off immediately with,"People are dead, Peggy. :mad:"
Season 2 is just so great, everyone is just so layered and fleshed out and interesting in a way that is so sorely missed in season 3.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This was probably the best episode of the season on the backs of Ray Wise and Nikki. I'm really glad she made it out OK with Mr. Wrench, that was quite harrowing even though as soon as she survived the initial attack you had to expect she was going to make it through, otherwise what would even be the point.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nikki was the Fargo Competent Cop all along.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The more I think about Wrench killing Emmit the less I like it. The waiting 5 years I can handwave away without too much fanfare, though it is silly. But why at that moment? When he's in a house full of people in the daytime? What if someone else went and got the salad? It's anti-climatic in a way that was totally appropriate with the rest of the ending but it feels really illogical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ymgve posted:

Up to episode 8 now, and it annoys me how these previously cold and calculating criminals are now using more and more extreme supervillain tactics that is anything but subtle. First they risk exposing themselves by attempting to poison Nikki inside a jail cell, and when that fails they decided to overturn a loving prison bus, which is gonna attact more attention than the sum of everything that has happened so far in the season.

All of this because they gave up a chance to kill her when they were in the perfect position to do so in the motel because...reasons?
Meemo had to leave to clean up Ray's body, and I can only guess that Gloria turning around got the cops to the motel sooner than Varga was expecting. It's not explained very well.

• Locked thread