Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chadzok posted:

Looks like some old sci-fi novels, the model he carved was based on one of the covers. My first thought was that the dad used to be a sci-fi writer, or was unpublished or something. Since everything else is so similar to the other two seasons there's surely gonna be some sort of weird subplot like the jewish demon/ufo stuff.

Edit: The thing she picked up to use as a weapon looked a lot like a Hugo award, so yeah, he must have been a sci-fi author.

Seems likely, yeah. The author's name on the books is Thaddeus Mobley and they had announced an actor in that role back in December, but he's 25 and those books didn't look new so probably a flashback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure they said 3rd place at first too, when they were on the sidewalk.

Then started saying 3rd runner up instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did Maurice kill Ennis exactly?

Not mentioned in the episode, but Gloria has a line in one of the commercials they frequently run that sounds like it must be the cause of death.

She says "they glued his nose and mouth shut"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

socketwrencher posted:

Loved that too. Not crazy about how the scene played out though. She sees the place is trashed, finds Ennis, hears someone upstairs... and she's still not going for her gun. Her son appears and she tells him loudly to get out of the house, possibly giving away their presence. After searching the house and not finding anyone, she looks around the empty living room and investigates a floorboard. Seems like there would be more urgency to make sure her son is okay and to go look for the suspect.

Does she have her gun in that scene? I'm pretty sure she reaches to where it would be and isn't wearing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She says "Flip a B-word". Flip a bitch is slang for a U-turn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

I heard "flip a B-word" but since I've never heard of "flip a bitch" as slang for U-turn I was just like "...what?"

The only slang for U-turn I can remember hearing is "flip a U-ee (yoo-ee)" in New England

I've never heard it off the internet either, it's apparently more of a west coast thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

The dude won a Hugo award, there's no way his being a science fiction author was a secret.

He used a pseudonym.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

The award was in his house... she literally picked it up

Yeah but if she knew what it was, she probably wouldn't be using it as a weapon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How old is he supposed to be in the present/2010?

He was in his 20s when he won that award.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probation officers are forbidden to carry guns in Minnesota apparently, but if that's not just an oversight Ray's not exactly clean anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fargo's a cop show.

• Locked thread