Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

just lol if your robot wasn't controlled via steering wheel or motorbike handle to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i was sold when after all of the life-threatening action happened, the main character and his two fictional anime buddies went to the convenience store and bought a huge basket of potato chips and candy

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i was sold when after all of the life-threatening action happened, the main character and his two fictional anime buddies went to the convenience store and bought a huge basket of potato chips and candy

I love how he was basically in shock the whole time.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I still can't get over the fact that the antagonist looks like a high school girl's oc donut steel.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lady, don't use your sword to open the window. It has a handle right there.

Annointed posted:

I still can't get over the fact that the antagonist looks like a high school girl's oc donut steel.

And it rules. There is enough 12 year old cool stuff and good visuals and butt rock to keep me interested to see where this is going. I really like the fan blade distortion that they do with the swords.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 11, 2017

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
What's got me hooked so far is that the show seems aware of the seedier side of anime fandoms. I giggled every time the antagonist described the real world and its gods. I am honestly looking forward to how the show explores anime characters reacting to their portrayals in the real world.

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 11, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
So is her name Selesia or Selejia? Because it's pronounced kinda like the latter, but I see the former all over the place.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The subs say Selejia, so that's what I go with.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I sure hope none of them visit the hentai doujin sites, that'd probably spell the end of humanity after a quick browse through.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Now they've got me thinking "What would happen if they magiced characters from X show into their world?"

Fun examples:

Gurren Lagaan
Welcome to the NHK
Fate/Zero

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

ViggyNash posted:

Now they've got me thinking "What would happen if they magiced characters from X show into their world?"

Fun examples:

Gurren Lagaan
Welcome to the NHK
Fate/Zero

Black Lagoon
Lupin the Third
Berserk

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nichijou
Katanagatari
Shin Sekai Yori

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like lupin wouldn't give a gently caress. He'd just keep stealing poo poo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

Ozu from Tatami Galaxy.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Welcome to the NHK

Would be odd. I mean it would basically be complete 100% confirmation of the main character's worldview, that all the problems in his life really are the fault of a huge conspiracy with the name of a TV station that wants to turn him into a lazy shut-in.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I'd have it so the anime character realizes the author is just another human being living in a confusing world and wrote his story to work out his own issues.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

I'd have it so the anime character realizes the author is just another human being living in a confusing world and wrote his story to work out his own issues.

Yeah it would be cool if the cast of Eva met Anno in real life.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This must be the reverse isekai anime I've been waiting for.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Meteora confirmed to be a snack monster, and also current Best Girl.

I hope the general tone of the show leans more toward the ED, personally.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

"But normally when I beat the crap out of people they act all reasonable and see my point of view!"

Fun show.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Man this is so much fun to watch! I can't tell you how long I've wanted to see someone make this story concept work and it's just as awesome as I could ever dream it being.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

chumbler posted:

I hope the general tone of the show leans more toward the ED, personally.

As soon as they realise the horrors of war anime, peace will be achieved.

Seriously though, nothing turns a cool action scene into the best goddamn comedy when you have a standard kickass action track playing accompanied by magical girl sound effects and flying hearts that are followed by explosions that probably caused over a million in property damage and may or may not have resulted in loss of life. I didn't know I wanted this as badly as I do now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"Please listen to what I have to say" while charging up a move that causes your foe to explode like in the animes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The new character Persona K' rules and I can't wait for more of him.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

"But normally when I beat the crap out of people they act all reasonable and see my point of view!"

Fun show.

Friendship lasers gonna befriend you good and hard.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm glad Magical Mary finally gets to appear in an anime.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

I'm glad Magical Mary finally gets to appear in an anime.

Is the whole thing as fun as this page? Because I would go read that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

Is the whole thing as fun as this page? Because I would go read that.

It's Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer so, yes.

MM is just an in-universe show in it.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

a kitten posted:

It's Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer so, yes.

Now there's a show that:
a) deserves an anime but will never, ever get one.

b) Would be outright hilarious as a universe in this show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that was a goddamn great episode and i hope this show can keep being this fun to watch

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is like a love letter to anime fans. Mmmmmm that values dissonance! And in comes the edgy guy! The mangaka must be losing his mind. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was a good episode but it's about as dark as I want this show to ever get because the humor has been really on point so far.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I never knew that I wanted this. The show's main concept is even more amusing if you extend it to stories beyond mango and games. Breaking news: Famous fantasy author assaulted by a deranged man in armor at Comi-Con. The suspect is still at large.

Did anyone else feel bad for Selejia when she met god? She showed a lot of restraint all things considered.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tekne posted:

I never knew that I wanted this. The show's main concept is even more amusing if you extend it to stories beyond mango and games. Breaking news: Famous fantasy author assaulted by a deranged man in armor at Comi-Con. The suspect is still at large.

Did anyone else feel bad for Selejia when she met god? She showed a lot of restraint all things considered.

Your god is just some geeky schmuck, good luck with coping with that fact.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Mage girl has a point, it's not clear whether depicting (how clearly?) a world instantiates it or just makes it accessible to whatever method uniform girl is using. It could also be that it's uniform girl's method that actually creates the worlds (or at least enough of them to recover one character).

Either way, it's hard to justify holding authors responsible for the seemingly unique and until now unknown dimension-spawning property of glasses boy's world.

ViggyNash posted:

Fun examples:

Gurren Lagaan
Welcome to the NHK
Fate/Zero

Last Action Hero
'What, again? Well, I hope none of you guys think this is the "real" world either...'

Any piece of non-genre fiction set in the present day
'So... my world isn't fictional, just me and everyone I know. Great.'

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I wonder if they're still writing "Louise summons _____" zero no tsukaima fanfics

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

Space Flower posted:

I wonder if they're still writing "Louise summons _____" zero no tsukaima fanfics

yes,yes they are.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope Selejia's creator becomes a regular on this show, he and Sota provide a nice counterbalance to all this crazy poo poo going on around them

Also I really like the OP and ED

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

He's in the ED so I'd assume he will be in frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Demicol posted:

He's in the ED so I'd assume he will be in frequently.

My guess as well. I'm guessing that the brown haired girl in the ED that we haven't seen yet is also another creator, probably Meteora's.

• Locked thread