Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Thanks for the thread because i was curious about it and Strike did not make it at all obvious that it was a new show streaming there or available in any way for me to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I wasn't quite sold until she hit the windshield wipers, but that pushed it over the edge and i'm all in.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

Am I missing something or does Anime Strike not have the subtitles for this?

I had to turn on cc to get them. Also, all of the sub options are kind of bad: white in an opaque box, white with no outline so they blend in, or yellow in a opaque box. Lovely.

Then i had to turn the subs back off when I watched The Expanse. You're not making it easy to love you, amazon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nichijou
Katanagatari
Shin Sekai Yori

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm glad Magical Mary finally gets to appear in an anime.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

Is the whole thing as fun as this page? Because I would go read that.

It's Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer so, yes.

MM is just an in-universe show in it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mur
https://twitter.com/cibokilly/status/864428750196178944

der

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

HenryEx posted:

It's still very talky, but at least they get some results this time (even if some of them are shining moments of brilliance like "the creator of the MUP must like anime and video games!"), wimp boy finally spills that he knows something about the MUP (even if a little too late) and Cthulhu Fan continues to be proactive and villain-y. Requesting a gif of the moment where she counts her fat stack of money.

Also, Revy cameo:

also

plus

and then

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

emergency addendum

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

eonwe posted:

how is this

Seems as though some are really unsatisfied with the pace and/or overly talkiness of some of the episodes, but so far i really like it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was a really great explosion sound, and also a nasty cliffhanger.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sindai posted:

Actually he'd be fine because her magic only works if you talk.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/aicnanime/status/870120767702302720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Episode 11 is the standout, in which they try to tell the dramatic climax of a not-especially-coherent story and make us feel for a bunch of flat, uncharismatic characters despite literally not animating half of it. Like, every ten seconds they'll cut to a shot of a drab brick wall. It's the sort of clusterfuck that's difficult to forget.

EDIT: OK, let's go into a little more detail. In Episode 11, Cecil, the rookie wizard barrister who's our protagonist, is not having a good day. Her slimy, double-dealing boyfriend has betrayed her, and handed her over to the main villain. It turns out that her incredible, super-special magic powers are because she's the key to the gate of hell, so he's going to sacrifice her to summon Satan. So the episode opens with her about to have horrible things happen to her while her friends mount an all-out assault on the villain's headquarters. Slimy boyfriend decides he isn't OK with her getting murdered after all, and gets shot for his trouble. It's unclear how bad we are supposed to feel about this. Despite the best efforts of the secondary cast, the ritual goes ahead, but - quelle surprise - it doesn't work, because Satan has already been summoned. Turns out that she is the enthusiastically gay veteran barrister in Cecil's firm who keeps trying to feel her up, and was just chilling on Earth minding her own business (and groping teenage lawyers, because you've got to have a hobby). She frees Cecil, kisses her, and wanders off. Cecil summons her giant robot (yes, a wizard lawyer has a giant robot, yes, it is a regular fixture of the series) and duels the villain in a spectacular mecha battle above Tokyo, because he also has a giant robot. She defeats him, he surrenders, and - gasp! - he requests her as his defence lawyer in his upcoming trial. Cue the postscript episode.

Picture all of that in your mind. Now picture it when every other animation cut is a lengthy shot of a wall, the night sky, or a metal fence on the roof of a building. It's quite something.

It has to be seen to be truly appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmBnaEcbfA

• Locked thread