Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Best moment in the episode. I love how ridiculous she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

I wasn't quite sold until she hit the windshield wipers, but that pushed it over the edge and i'm all in.
That was the second best part of the episode. It was the perfect mix of superhuman competence appropriate to a light novel protagonist and fish out of water humor.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was a good episode but it's about as dark as I want this show to ever get because the humor has been really on point so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The fictional characters bringing up how tastes and smells are muted in their worlds because they're under described in the media is a clever touch.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The director of this show really likes girls eating.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
best part of the episode

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's good but not great. Feels like it has too many characters or focuses on too few.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Actually he'd be fine because her magic only works if you talk.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I thought the pacing was really really weird for a one cour show (like we know virtually nothing about old man trenchcoat still.) That explains it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Coincidentally, the Black Lagoon manga did come back from hiatus recently.

And now that it has I can see the resemblance. BL has tons of dialog, memorable characters, and the pacing is weird.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The rant about Altair's design was the best.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finally the true protagonists can take over: Magane and Souta.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Show good again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well they have to do something about Magane considering the whole casual murder thing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I mean, you can be both.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well I was wrong, it turns out they can just completely ignore Magane in the denouement. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, the show's really huge issue was that it seemed like Hiroe wrote the beginning and ending and then had no idea how to get from one to the other.

• Locked thread