Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm really enjoying the show so far, and it's actually really touching to have it be about people and how they relate to their own art and creations, rather than going for the "this is all just frivolous entertainment look at how silly it is when juxtaposed with reality" angle which is kind of an easy if not cynical comedy route that has been fairly well-tread in the past. Additionally, the concept of these fictional characters having to be "adapted" to the rules and settings of our reality, stretching its own diegetic cohesion in such a way that it'll fall apart or contract violently is genuinely fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

It's almost as if sometimes peoples' reactions to tragedy are not entirely logical and that survivor's guilt can take a lot of seemingly obtuse forms. I don't see how Sota's sense of guilt over that situation is all that weird when you're dealing with a socially-awkward teenager who struggles with his sense of self-worth and searches for validation externally and online.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Her reaction to finding out she was in an X-rated game was pretty funny.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I kind of liked what happened here; the parts of the series I like the most were about how artists and storytellers create as a way of not just working their own issues out, but to also provide that for others as well. The creations in this case are now aware of their own nature and have to come to terms with the fact that they are essentially tools for that purpose. Additionally there's an added sense of creating a legacy for one's self. It's about why people feel the need to create at all, and while I don't think it has been entirely successful in presenting these themes, I like that they were at least explored.

Maybe it worked for me since I struggle with my own creative difficulties, and it's very easy to fall into despair and bitterness like Souta did.

• Locked thread