Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm pretty sure that people who remember drawn together fondly enough to compare other shows to it are much less common than you are supposing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
*sees a life-sized anime pillow of griffith*

i have reconsidered again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the tedious exposition character constantly spouting tedious exposition might be clever if it was subverted in some way, like how the magical girl was not able to explode people into doing what she wants. instead, meteora just endlessly blabbers on except for brief pauses where everyone present agrees with her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because he's a useless little weiner that the other, better characters drag around for no particular reason. if he did something useful then that would betray the basis of his character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mixed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Pretty odd all the same. I can't think of many manga with crappy monster filled medieval settings without nobles willing to screw everyone else over in exchange for a few more seconds before getting eaten. Heroes in those things tend to spend as much time getting undermined by the people they're supposedly protecting as they do getting attacked by the actual monsters.

it might be the sort of story where the entire point is the beautiful female protagonist's endless suffering. unfortunately, there are quite a few of those.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were all halfway ready to kill each other from the start. alice was downright eager, even.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think wizard barristers had much hype after the first episode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wonder how much the fact this anime is behind a lovely wall of Amazon greed makes people dislike this show subconsciously. It's nothing fantastic but it's certainly super entertaining and I've enjoyed it so far, although I watched the first 8 episodes in like a day.

not at all, because virgin soul is on the same lovely service but that show is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"this evil guy is trying to become the next king and we are trying to stop it while having truly outrageous power level inflation"

"oh, never mind i guess. he'll probably be a good king or something."

• Locked thread