Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Neeksy posted:

I'm really enjoying the show so far, and it's actually really touching to have it be about people and how they relate to their own art and creations, rather than going for the "this is all just frivolous entertainment look at how silly it is when juxtaposed with reality" angle which is kind of an easy if not cynical comedy route that has been fairly well-tread in the past. Additionally, the concept of these fictional characters having to be "adapted" to the rules and settings of our reality, stretching its own diegetic cohesion in such a way that it'll fall apart or contract violently is genuinely fascinating.

this. the show could have gone full edgy, but no, that's restricted to a subset of small-minded assholes, and everyone just chills out and talks about their ontology

also, i watched this ep while eating homemade curry. it was delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao at the government official hanging the cost of homura meteora's stolen military equipment over her head as a negotiating tool

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Shin Godzilla was incredibly influential

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

AnacondaHL posted:

At first I liked the concept of the Magical Girl being the strongest character in a real world without bumper pads. But now I'm actually getting into the power-level competition. Is it still the crazy sparkle hearts? Or the different bullets? What's the demon girl holding back? What if Selesia got her mech? What is Meteora's great power? Will mech pilot kid successfully pick up those chicks?

I guess this show is fun or something.

Also, the pacing is fine. It feels like it's going more for setting up the environment, characters and seeing a blend of styles rather than rushing through the plot points, and I'm ok with that. Also weird opinion: I think the talky exposition has been within acceptability limits. You got to build lots of characters simultaneously, even the ones sitting there listening.

yeah this show's fine. jesus christ the audience is full of whiney shits. like a few people on the internet start whining about the pace of things, then everyone needs to jump on the loving bandwagon and amplify this signal, when in reality poo poo is happening each and every episode and new characteristics are being steadily bought up

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

TFRazorsaw posted:

I am very troubled by the recent development of someone in universe actually liking Rui.

rui would be incredibly annoying to anyone with responsibility or authority but he'd be hilarious to hang out and pick up chicks with

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

AnacondaHL posted:

welp Meteora's hosed

naw, meteora hard counters magane, she only talks about things that go through her own head

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hargrimm posted:

And Meteora pulled knowledge out of her rear end again and said the effect would last as long as Magane is alive.

she read the el en

not a bad way to get the power list of an enemy

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
your brain sort of starts acting weird when its not getting oxygen when all your blood is pooled outside your body

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
basically the show isn't as good as it could be and nowhere near as bad as grouchio says it is

and lol at all the retards who decided to jump on grouchio's bandwagon

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
my read of this story is that its about every single sonic fanfic coming to life and empowering a evil sonic and now the only way to beat her is for the ultimate crossover fiction event

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
actually re:creators owns because meteora gets to throw shade at absolutely everybody

i watched like 1.5 episodes of sukawhatever because the jokes in ep2 made my eyes roll out of my skull and jfc did the main character not ask the heroine her name despite hanging out for hours exploring the city in a lovingly animated musical sequence?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think the show would be cooler if it was creator/creation teams beating the poo poo out of one another, OR creator/creation teams hanging out pigging out sweets and talking poo poo, but not creators hanging around trying and failing to write anything interesting.

The recent episode, the creators by themselves don't have the charisma to carry the show.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
havent seen latest ep but ive been assuming that altair brings in creations from japanese media that her creator and sota consume

like i dont see her bringing in john wick

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh man she so does not want to be there. Send her out of the way, let her live her own life.

You can't go "all immigrants from the imagination dimension have human rights" and then immediately conscript her into the reality war.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
then again

https://twitter.com/dril/status/361282749086175234?lang=en

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Zetsubou-san posted:

just a 4 second shot of Megane in the foreground of a english or american cityscape would have been fine :(

"Hahaha there's no way Americans will be stupid enough to elect Trump"

"A lie about a lie... turns inside-out on itself!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
if there's someone who deserves those stupid mspaints with maga hats, its magane

• Locked thread