Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Zodack posted:

I was about to say, the ultimate twist would be that the entire story as we know it is taking place also in a created world.
Uh, well, how do i put this...

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Serial killer lady seems to find Meteora's exposition repetitive too!

Man i was so glad to see that she just took the chance and went "later then, shitlords" while the :airquote:heroes:airquote: were locked in their monologue battle

I mean she still took forever to back off but i was all "YES! Finally, thank you!" when she just walked away

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, i like the Cthulhu fan a lot, too, and she's almost exactly the type of villain i came up with when i spend a couple minutes thinking about what kind of character i'd introduce to this premise, except a little younger. Jaunty, far-reaching motions, trying to have fun, smiling/smugging a lot, revels in taunting everyone around her. I even had her with freaky eyes, though i pictured orange ones, and hidden behind shades instead of just walking around closed-eyed all the time, for dramatic glances over the glasses. It's kind of spooky how well they nailed it.

a kitten posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also nailed it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nah, i don't have to facepalm every time she opens her mouth and yell "That's not how [x] works!" at the screen, so she's deffo not a Nisio character

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll watch and let you know

Or you could, well, do it yourself

edit: well within the first minute or so there's constant action, magical girl throwing down threats of indiscriminate violence, sword&shades dude is back AND we get to see his ~~~true form~~~, so i'd err on the side of "yes"

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 20, 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's still very talky, but at least they get some results this time (even if some of them are shining moments of brilliance like "the creator of the MUP must like anime and video games!"), wimp boy finally spills that he knows something about the MUP (even if a little too late) and Cthulhu Fan continues to be proactive and villain-y. Requesting a gif of the moment where she counts her fat stack of money.

Also, Revy cameo:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

I am very troubled by the recent development of someone in universe actually liking Rui.

Who?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm still not really sure how Mag's power works or what exactly it even does. The only thing i'm kinda confident on is "it runs on spite".

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

She says something that's clearly untrue and gets you to call it it a lie or nonsense or whatever. The act of denying the lie triggers her magic and makes it come true.

Thanks, makes sense. I'm too distracted by her swagger any time she's on screen, so i hardly pay attention what's going on dialogue-wise.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for them to introduce the 2hu-like character whose official interpretation is very shallow and who's mostly been characterized by the appromixately 16.000 doujins written about her

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, a guy called Erwin in a series where names like Berthold and Reiner are commonplace, that sounds mighty suspicious and like a political agenda

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think you mixed up "sub" and "super".

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lol how did i miss all this time that Meteora's last name is Austria

edit: tbf the "wait who the gently caress is this?? i don't remember her" moment before the name card pops up is p. good

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 3, 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Basically, the optimal way to experience this show so far is to watch episode 1, then see some assorted gifs of Magane

and then watch episode 13.

And nothing of value was lost

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 4, 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, they're not bringing in characters from actual franchises, only knock-offs, so i'm not sure we'd be able to recognize an anime-fied John Wick anyways. I guess there's Blitz Talker? At least he has a gun.

I'd love to see some kind of analogue to an American comic show hero. Bring in someone from the Mighty Ducks. Someone from Mummies Alive, TMNT, Extreme Dinosaurs, Gargoyles, whatever. I wanna see Xanatos show up

But yeah, not gonna happen it's gonna be all local stuff.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yea but i'm not watching TV anymore nowadays, so i only know what was on 20 years ago :v:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They didn't forget Magane; she shows up in Sota's picture of "Our Beloved Family" in the end :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nephthys posted:

She is getting her own spin-off manga though.

A bad omen for the artist

• Locked thread