Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

I actually assumed they were blatantly trying to preserve resources/time when I was watching it. A significant chunk of the episode is just super static shots of people talking, and most of the rest was very short shots of people eating food.

The actual content of the exposition wasn't actually that horrible aside from when it repeated itself, but it really needed to be framed in a more interesting way. Show Meteora meeting "herself" in the game and her reaction instead of her talking about it. Show Meteora's reactions to the game while she's playing it instead of her talking about how cool and awesome it was. Have a scene where Alice busts into her creator's room and begins yelling at him to change her shithole world or she'll kill him and her creator's reaction to being faced by the incredibly angry and hostile protagonist to his story without a (relatively) peaceful introduction like Selesia's creator got.

No kidding. Everyone else has said it so I can only add my agreement, but it's so frustrating that potentially interesting ideas are being conveyed in the most banal way.

Military Uniform Princess manipulating Alice was probably the best scene this time but still felt underdeveloped and too swiftly/neatly handled. I guess we needed to spend that time on Meteora talking until the end of time. It's also just clunky that Meteora makes a series of huge assumptions we have no concrete basis for that are immediately confirmed independently by MUP's dialogue. The show really needs to start showing us things and letting us draw our own conclusions rather than just throwing exposition at us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Grouchio posted:

How the hell did the recap episode manage to outshine the 12 episodes preceding it? How!? :eyepop:

I know. It's amazing, in a sense.

• Locked thread