Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

YF-23 posted:

I dunno, I could've seen Magane starting to plot against Altair to avoid dying and/or losing the fun new world she's in, but instead she chose to gently caress with Alice and Sota for kicks.

She does say she's going to "set a trap" for Altair as well (and offers to team up against her with Meteora, which is an obviously bad idea), but you can't expect her to just not gently caress with these idiots if she gets the chance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Really don't understand the threads hate-on for the series. It's pretty great and this episode was fantastic. Half-way through I was thinking we might just be going for a total team wipe and the show would go in some really out there directions.

Hargrimm posted:

Also, was there any foreshadowing or explanation of Altair's ability to make Selesia's sword be made of rose petals, or is that just part of her Mary Sue-ness

She did the same thing to her mech in the first episode. Its just one of her powers.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 10, 2017

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

darkgray posted:

We're all hating on the show because the writing is godawful. Everything feels like the screenwriter is forcibly steering the characters into unreasonable behaviour, just so the plot can move in whatever direction he is dead set on. It results in a sense of people being artificial and frustrating to watch. There's little joy in watching idiots act stupid over and over.

Thats some hyperbole there. Very little of the behavior is unreasonable and its all perfectly in character. Yuuya is a hotheaded, aggressive thug. Of course he's gonna get tricked by Megane after several frustrating minutes of failing to land a scratch on her and her hitting him right in a sore spot. Of course Alice isn't thinking straight, she's traumatized by failing to save anyone in her own story and then Mamika died right in front of her. These are the characters. If you want genius' having logic chess, go read Death Note. But this show is about a bunch of pastiche's interacting and so far they're acting just how they should be given their personalities and parodies. We're here to see a magical girl fight a persona and we're getting that.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ahahaha, so they're going to create Re:Creators inside Re:Creators and beat Altair by writing themselves beating her in real time.

PEAK META.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or if everyone just already knows but I'm pretty sure the new nunchuk kid is Yuuya's rival from his manga. I was just catching up and noticed a picture of the two of them squaring off in the background at one point, during the recap I think. It's easy to miss cuz he has his hood up.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Once again, yuri saves the world.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

There is either another episode or the writers literally forgot Magane in the end.

Robot Uprising posted:

So Magane; consistantly the best character, and one to actually save the world.

Just completely ignored in the final episode

gently caress this show

Magane pretty explicitly got out of dodge instead of show up for the final battle and risk her life. The last we saw of her she was getting on a plane to who knows where to enjoy her life. She obviously wasn't coming back.

She is getting her own spin-off manga though.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 16, 2017

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

just a 4 second shot of Megane in the foreground of a english or american cityscape would have been fine :(

She shows up in the recap at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Anyone got the rest of these translated? The last half at least

https://imgur.com/a/fCrGx

I'd forgotten how great some of these are. Truly deplorable.

• Locked thread