Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Space Flower posted:

The antagonist girl had an interesting reaction to the main character and her character is so amazingly chuunibyou ("my powers is omnipotence!") that I get a feeling like the MC created her in middle school or something.

lol

Best theories I've seen so far are either yours, or that both antagonist girl and protagonist guy are creations of the girl who committed suicide right at the beginning of the episode. (She's her chuuni self-insert, he's a blandly likable harem comedy lead. Or something.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Welcome to the NHK

Would be odd. I mean it would basically be complete 100% confirmation of the main character's worldview, that all the problems in his life really are the fault of a huge conspiracy with the name of a TV station that wants to turn him into a lazy shut-in.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

"But normally when I beat the crap out of people they act all reasonable and see my point of view!"

Fun show.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

a kitten posted:

It's Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer so, yes.

Now there's a show that:
a) deserves an anime but will never, ever get one.

b) Would be outright hilarious as a universe in this show.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

My guess as well. I'm guessing that the brown haired girl in the ED that we haven't seen yet is also another creator, probably Meteora's.

Either that or I'm guessing she's Celestia's artist. (Since there was a writer credit and an artist credit on the LN.)

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if the girl hit by the train at the beginning was the catalyst for the plot?

Undoubtedly. I'm guessing she's either Chuuni-hime's creator or the main character's sister (or creator if plot twist is that he's fictional as well) or both. Really could be anything at this point, but obviously important.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

You do kind of feel like they could have shown a good chunk more of this rather than telling it - Meteora's emotional experience playing that game, for instance. It doesn't help, either, that the main expositor is the long-winded, soft-spoken stoic, which makes the whole thing a rather soporific experience - if such a huge chunk of your episode is going to be one person talking, at least make them interesting to listen to, or just lighten their burden a little and give them a good foil to bounce off.

Yeah. I actually liked the substance of Meteora's experience, I just wish they could have found any other way to deliver it to the viewer than a monologue.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Kanos posted:

Stuff happened! There was still a whole lot of really repetitive talking in circles, but at least something is happening now.

Serial killer lady seems to find Meteora's exposition repetitive too!

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

RottenK posted:

I know that I'm a little late here, but I wanted to respond.

I think it makes sense that Mamika didn't know how to handle the villain girl. It's safe to assume that the show she's from is bright, optimistic and probably doesn't brings up death at all. She's used to an entirely different kind of cackling evil with completely different methods and motivations. A human being who just straight up murders other people for no reason/for fun isn't something that she would have any experience with. Or even concieve of, now that I think of it.

Yeah, visual similarities to Madoka aside, Mamika is quite clearly supposed to be more the sort of Saturday-morning kids cartoon magical girl whose villains are cackling bullies with superpowers whose bodycount is at worst implied (and may even straight up have a no murder code of villainy) rather than honest to God sociopaths.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Kanos posted:

Magane is very quickly becoming super tiresome for me because her power is entirely reliant on the writing making people behave incredibly stupidly. It working on random innocents who don't know what she is makes sense, but it working in the middle of battle is a bit of a stretch, and it working more than once in the same fight against the same person is pretty much ridiculous, especially when that person was just informed about how her power works and has previously been written to be observant.

It's not going to happen, but it would be amusing if Yuuya wasn't bullshitting when he said his Stand was a curse and he actually let it happen because that power really does have a massive downside and not just in a bullshit "dark curse that basically just means being awesome" way. Would be quite clever too as it happened just after Magane admitted that she hadn't read his manga. Unlikely though, that's require better writing than this show has shown so far.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Oh jesus thanks for reminding me that I watched all of Valvrave. That was terrible beyond description.

At least it wasn't Guilty Crown. Now there was a show that had like, one good idea drowning in a sea of mediocrity.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

Unfortunately all the creators are too bland and wholesome to really do anything interesting with the concept, outside of dating sim writer guy. They're all super passionate whose wants more or less align with their creations. We don't have any work-a-day writers, authors writing about characters whose morals are different than their own, or even just someone writing a satire. Everyone is working on their passion project and all of those passion projects are dreadfully straight forward.

Kind of a shame they didn't keep serial killer girl's creator around, since as you say it would have been interesting to have a creator who basically doesn't relate at all to their creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Well, stuff happened.

• Locked thread