Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I just want Rui to get in the loving robot. That thing pretty much bests everything else and the drat pilot had to be written like a bad cross of Shinji and the worst Gundan pilots.

This show is great, this season has been great. I just binged to 8 though so I think that helps the pacing way more than week to week watching.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly Megane is the least dangerous creation since once you know her gimmick she can't do anything. Just don't call out anything she says and she's just a shark toothed high school girl. Or dont talk to her.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

i liked this episode and i'm glad Magane made a new friend :shobon:

I'm glad she's a jojo now and understands her duty to strike poses

Also it's me, I'm the person who likes this show a lot and have enjoyed it even through the long talking slogs since I didnt start watching until 8 was already out and 9 and 10 have both been quite good.

Also I think the tweet worked only because at that moment that's what everyone viewed Selesia as, but then after a bit the Twitter buzz wore down and her way more popular form came out. Short of an OVA I don't know how they'd retrigger it for longer.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 14, 2017

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder how much the fact this anime is behind a lovely wall of Amazon greed makes people dislike this show subconsciously. It's nothing fantastic but it's certainly super entertaining and I've enjoyed it so far, although I watched the first 8 episodes in like a day.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

Alice is where I felt like the show went all the way off the deep end as far as characters being boneheaded, but doubly so because it was paired with Yuya(?) being told exactly how Magane's power works and then immediately falling for it again. All that happening in one episode really underlined how Magane's superpower is sapping 50 IQ from anyone she's in a scene with to make you think she's a devilish genius who the show wants you to be in awe of.

I'm still hoping the fact he knew she could steal his powers and wanted that curse gone, but he's also been really quiet of late.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Maybe they're referring to the ongoing debate about how Attack on Titan wants us to feel about its use of fascist imagery?

For the record, the current answer seems to be 'about as comfortable as you should be with the chief of state in Fullmetal Alchemist being called the Fuhrer - which is to say, not at all', but the jury's still out, and will likely be so for a while.

Yeah but the government's both suck and are super evil, so I don't think either idealize fascism. Plus technically it's a monarchy in AoT. FMA they committed genocide constantly to create a God, and the entire narrative shits on the military constantly, we just see the few ok Nazis.

Also forever I thought his title was fuhrer king until I later found out years down the road that king was his first name.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

My bet: Souta's idea was to create a bland shounen high-school character to tie all the plotlines together, as the most self-inserty self-insert to have ever self-inserted :laffo:

To be fair that would be hilarious.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I guess Magane could steal his power but then she would go bald.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I imagine Meteora will get her nendoroid then no more will be made. I've cooled off pretty hard on the show.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Giving not Jojo essentially hanged man and silver chariot combined together is pretty amusing for a stand.

Also deep down I wanted a Rick and Morty car ending there and the little girl melted in his arms

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 12, 2017

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That confrontation at the end of the episode was well done

I think the forums forgot about this anime after the week off, which is a shame because this was an episode that actually had a lot of stuff the thread complained about, like a creator and creation meeting that was actually different, much faster pacing, and a decent dose of action.

This feels like a show that sucks episodic but is enjoyable binged.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

if the whole show was moments like the end of this week, or moments executed that well, this show would be freaking great

But stuff like that is like maybe 1/10th of the show. The rest is underwhelming action, regurgitated exposition, and character stuff about characters that aren't that good

The last episode before this one was fine, I think the slog from 8 to the recap was the biggest issue. It had good moments but this show feels like it only needed maybe 16/17 episodes instead of the 23? something it's getting. I don't think a 13 episode series would have worked with the size of the cast though.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kind of want to watch an editted show that cuts out the reiteration of plot points.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wish someone from a cooking anime got introduced just to say the food is poo poo

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

This anime certainly has a satisfying ending, shame the middle section dragged too much. It was annoying seeing how he would build up the character Sota was making but it was actually pretty clever.

The show could have easily been 13 episodes, though.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 9, 2017

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Writing a fanfiction version of my friend to tell me that I'm not at fault for her suicide is a really, really funny ending.

I mean I think he still blamed himself, and it's clear he realized he could never actually apologize to that version as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Magane just used her powers to go be rich as gently caress and is probably just living in luxury and is a normal shark toothed person now like Meteora. They seemed to have lost her whereabouts long ago and to he honest with her powers before they faded could probably set up a bunch of dumb protection with making randos call out her bs.

Also she's from a horror manga as the monster, I think she prefers being a real life monster, a 1%er, more.

If anyone deserves a spinoff it's Magane though.

• Locked thread