Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I'm on board with Last Anime Hero as a concept, but so far anything that wasn't comedy relief seemed kind of flat. Thankfully comedy was a large part of these first 2 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Would you class badass action music paired with cutesy magic attacks and sound effects as comedy relief? Because so far I think they've done a great job of making even the fights fun, exciting and funny as well.

Sort of yes? There's definitely something funny (or at least silly) about a soft and cutesy magical girl inadvertently causing CARNAGE AND DEVASTATION when she goes on the warpath. So I don't think the action was bad, but it was often used to set up jokes and I didn't really get a sense that much was at stake so I mentally tied the action in together with the comedy.

But to be more specific about what didn't work for me, I thought the main dude was extremely bland and my interest dropped dramatically when the show tried to take itself slightly seriously. When it's having fun with the idea I liked it, when you had plot conversations I didn't.

• Locked thread