Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Man I hope the authors aren't actually responsible for creating these worlds because that's one hell of a moral cross to bear if you went all grimdark.

Like do you really want to find out that you've got what happens in the world of Berzerk on your hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

There Bias Two posted:

Are you kidding? Berzerk's author would probably be like, "My only regret is that I didn't make you suffer more."

I don't think he'd have the guts.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

nielsm posted:

I very much like just watching fictional fictional characters taken out of their story and enjoying a wholly different life for once, and discussing their own existence.

Why don't Selesia try meeting the VA for her character in the anime?

:aaaaa:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Some real weird decisions made for the pacing of this show.

I like Meteora a lot but she's been absolutely hogging the script for the past two episodes.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Darth Walrus posted:

Gravity manipulation seems to be his entire thing. I guess we're looking at a sci-fi/fantasy noir character like Batou from Ghost in the Shell or Hellboy.

Really? He reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist as much as anything.

His gimmick also reminds me of the caster gun from Outlaw Star, now that I think about it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
She's probably fine.

Glasses kid should totally date shark tooth girl.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Darth Walrus posted:

You're only saying this because he'd get gruesomely murdered halfway through the second date, aren't you?

Actually I think these crazy kids have what it takes to really go the distance and the show will become a doki doki love comedy.

Sindai posted:

Actually he'd be fine because her magic only works if you talk.

This goon gets what I'm talking about.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Being that aggressive on a first date is a bold move.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Selesia is probably fine.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Grouchio posted:

This may very well turn out to be the most disappointing anime of the decade. :livintrope:

That's still Berserk 2016. And even if it wasn't there'd be a bunch of poo poo in front for me like Valverave.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kwyndig posted:

Oh jesus thanks for reminding me that I watched all of Valvrave. That was terrible beyond description.

You're welcome, I'm here to help. :coffeepal:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So basically, this is an anime where the world is in danger of ending because of internet trolls and cyber-bullying.

I love it. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I laughed.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Things did happen this episode. If you consider nothing to have happened this episode, then I think it's pretty clear by now that this show isn't for you.

That's not a dig at anyone, to be clear.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Kwyndig posted:

This show's pace is abysmal though. Things move sooo slowly, like they didn't even find the new girl until the end of the episode and they spent what felt like half of their run time on still shots. I don't know if it's just the director doesn't know how to pace out a 24 episode season or they keep blowing their budget on those OP/EDs.

On this I agree, the plot probably could have been where it is 3 or 4 episodes ago if they'd really wanted it to be.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Terrible Opinions posted:

They've spent that time explaining the same very basic plan to different groups of people. Yes that is technically "things happening" but the dramatic stakes didn't change, no new thematic ground has been covered. It's the same any given bad shonen filler or Michael Bay's Transformers movies being nearly three hours long. There are technically events to be described, but they are all ultimately pointless to the story. People just did what they told us they were going to do without major complications. This was the first time in those four episodes that there was even a minor conflict and even then it was resolved by the end of the next scene without saying or examining anything. A character abandons and reconciles with the process without any examination as to why or what changes, and Sota's tortuously slow realization that he should DO SOMETHING deserves a medal for deliberately wasting time.

I bet you're the kind of guy who skips the parts where people talk to each other in Tarantino movies.

To be less of a dick, if that's what you've gotten out of the last four episodes then I really have to wonder why you are even still watching, since you don't seem to be picking up what the show is putting on the table at all.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah, I think you're right. I guess Altair is bringing in characters from the same works as her opponents to mess with them?

• Locked thread