Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Re:CREATORS is an anime based on a concept by Rei Hiroe (Black Lagoon), who co-writes the series with director Ei Aoki (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai), and animated by Troyca (Aldnoa:Zero, Beautiful Bones). It's basically about a bunch of anime characters becoming real and fighting each other, which is fuckin' fine by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqOniSI5Ci0

Characters:

Sota Mizushino (Daiki Yamashita)
A high school student who finds himself drawn into this whole mess. A fan of the light novel Elemental Symphony of Vogelchevalier, he aspires to create his own light novel like it someday.

Selejia Yupitiria (Minako Komatsu)
The main character of Vogelchevalier and the anime it's based on, due to somethingoranother, she was taken from her anime into the real world. She's staying with Sota.

Meteora Estherreich (Inori Minase)
A character from an unknown work who is looking for her creator. She's very dry and stoic and she's not good at making jokes.

Military Uniform Princess (Aki Toyosaki)
A mysterious character who appeared in Vogelchevalier. She seems to know something about what's going on.

Re:CREATORS is streaming through Amazon's Anime Strike service, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She's the lead since she's the one with the cool robot. If she was the love interest, she wouldn't get anything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That moment was when I knew this show was for me.

And then they clinched it by having one of the first things Selejia does in the real world be jacking some dude's car.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The website describes her as the heroine, but when we're talking about anime, that could go either way. Though to me, she still gives off at least a co-protagonist vibe rather than love interest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Space Flower posted:

That thing seemed like a demonbane parody, so I'm not sure that would be fair to everyone else

Jesus, I haven't thought about Demonbane in like 8 years.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

So, is it legit that Black Lagoon is returning this spring, or is all that hearsay?

https://twitter.com/SundayGX/status/845548620845740033

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Oh, I can pilot a robot, this car should be no big deal"

*It is not a big deal*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The subs say Selejia, so that's what I go with.

• Locked thread