Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Undoubtedly. I'm guessing she's either Chuuni-hime's creator or the main character's sister (or creator if plot twist is that he's fictional as well) or both. Really could be anything at this point, but obviously important.

She is almost certainly the creator of Military Uniform Princess or actually is Military Uniform Princess, there is a lot of symbolism in the OP indicating as much. Also you don't make a scene like her suicide the very first scene unless it is very important, I would guess her suicide is what touched this whole thing off. Going through the shots in the OP:

After the shots of our various fictional characters come to life we transition to a shot of Souta holding water in his hands, this transitions to a shot of suicide girl drowning, indicating some form of connection between her and Souta, possibly that he is in some way a reason for the girl's suicide. Next we have a shot of MUP's face, drained of all color and surrounded by skulls, rather obviously indicating death, this transitions to a shot of MUP's face filling with color, the skulls turning into flowers and MUP opening her eyes and coming to life. Either MUP came to life on her creator's death and gained some of her creator's memories, or her creator in some way inhabited MUP's form and personality, essentially merging the two of them together.

Also MUP's specific use of the word "collide" when talking about joining the fictional and the real worlds seems to be important, the characters noted that the phrasing was unusual during Meteora's recount of her conversation with MUP so there is probably some significance there, the only connection I can think of at this point is that the word usage is indicative of MUP's origin/identity, after all when you are hit by a train you collide with it, you don't connect with it. I'm going to assume that there is some deeper meaning to the use of the word collide but we don't have enough details to really make much out of it at this point.

All of this is just pure speculation of course, I might not even be interpreting the images in the OP correctly, take everything with a huge grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

You do kind of feel like they could have shown a good chunk more of this rather than telling it - Meteora's emotional experience playing that game, for instance. It doesn't help, either, that the main expositor is the long-winded, soft-spoken stoic, which makes the whole thing a rather soporific experience - if such a huge chunk of your episode is going to be one person talking, at least make them interesting to listen to, or just lighten their burden a little and give them a good foil to bounce off. We actually saw that with the knight and magical girl - there was an interesting conflict there, and significantly more passion and emotion from both parties, which made the whole thing way more pleasant to experience, and they didn't even have to skip out on the cute food bits to make it happen. I could hear my creative-writing professor howling in the back of my head all the way through the first part of this episode.

The other thing was that it didn't really feel like the characters had enough information to arrive at the conclusion they did. It's not like we've seen any evidence of reality overstretch yet, after all. It felt less like a smart deduction, and more like they'd glanced ahead at the author's notes.

Yeah, I'm still enjoying the show but I really wish there had been more action this episode or at least that there had been some setup for stuff to happen in the next episode. It feels like the characters are sort of adrift, they are just searching for creators and the created, I'm looking forward to meeting mech-boy but I really hope we get some action and plot development next episode because things have been moving pretty slowly.

• Locked thread