Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I would keep watching this show just to see what character names are yet to come. Alicetaria February and Blitz Talker are some grade-A anime names and I love them

Certainly more fun animation in this episode than the prior two. I really like how loose and strange the movements are for Lie-Lie Girl (they never got her name did they?)

https://my.mixtape.moe/anwdpg.mp4
https://my.mixtape.moe/iltllf.mp4
https://my.mixtape.moe/zvipeg.mp4

This shot cracked me up. "Things are getting bad, sure hope this government bureaucrat is near her phone so I can actually fight back!"

Mordja posted:

Man, I really hate the milquetoast protagonist of this show, so it's probably for the best that he's got fewer lines than most side characters so far. Why on earth is he keeping MUP's identity a secret again?

I assumed he feels guilty/complicit in her suicide for some reason and didn't want to have to explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

eonwe posted:

how is this

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Pictured: 90% of why I'm still watching this

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

darkgray posted:

Did I accidentally miss a line where they explain that Magane's superpower is Convenient Positioning?

As I understand it, her power works by her saying a lie, then when the other person speaks and denies/contradicts it, the lie turns in on itself and becomes true as basically a new law of reality. She said "you wouldn't hit a girl like me", he said "yeah I would, I don't know a woman who wouldn't be knocked down by this", but since he spoke in response to her initial statement she was able to make it true. So now he literally cannot hit her with that attack, which is why it curves right around where she's standing. And Meteora pulled knowledge out of her rear end again and said the effect would last as long as Magane is alive.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

darkgray posted:

I don't mean the attack thing, I mean how Magane always manages to be in the right place at the right time, to overhear critical conversations or spot someone dying.

Narratively Convenient Timing is just a default attribute of the Major Anime Pro/Antagonist archetype. Alice clearly has it too.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
How long has it been since Altair was shown doing anything at all other than sitting in her depressing warehouse throne room? I think Magane is a more interesting antagonist, but it's kinda weird how she just shows up 5 episodes in and completely unseats Altair as the focus of most screen-time and the main threat to the protagonists.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Seems like the best strategic move the team could make at this point would be to sew everyone's mouths shut because they cannot stop loving chatting with Magane.

Also, was there any foreshadowing or explanation of Altair's ability to make Selesia's sword be made of rose petals, or is that just part of her Mary Sue-ness?

Some cool animation this episode at least.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
MFW reading this thread

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Gyra_Solune posted:

so...

I think one newbie's from some kind of Romance of Three Kingdoms kind of deal, but is the other girl...some kind of dating sim character??

He's got a tragic backstory set in a modern-looking city and some sort of centaur mecha, so I don't think they're going for a RoTK thing. The girl does seem like a naive love interest from a VN or something.

Also in the new ED, Hangaku is shown next to Yuuya again. Wonder if that actually presages Yuuya getting her back.

Hargrimm fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
It's kind of hilarious how many more frames Magane gets in her every movement than the rest of the cast put together

Also, drat this show is sometimes too relatable:

https://my.mixtape.moe/iwyjch.mp4

• Locked thread