Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

chumbler posted:

I hope the general tone of the show leans more toward the ED, personally.

As soon as they realise the horrors of war anime, peace will be achieved.

Seriously though, nothing turns a cool action scene into the best goddamn comedy when you have a standard kickass action track playing accompanied by magical girl sound effects and flying hearts that are followed by explosions that probably caused over a million in property damage and may or may not have resulted in loss of life. I didn't know I wanted this as badly as I do now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if the girl hit by the train at the beginning was the catalyst for the plot?

"He's just the narrator. The story is actually hers.", aren't they opening lines in episode 1? They never specified who is being referred to here.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

It's pretty obvious who the "he" is but still somewhat ambiguous who the "her" is. My first thought was Selesia but she seems no more important to the plot than the other fictional characters. It's most likely gonna end up being the suicide girl since she has absolutely no other connection to the plot thus far.

Well yeah, I was actually paraphrasing and the kid himself said "I'm". I think its the suicide girl too whose story this ends up being, which is why I quoted that post when making the comment.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Elite posted:

I'm on board with Last Anime Hero as a concept, but so far anything that wasn't comedy relief seemed kind of flat. Thankfully comedy was a large part of these first 2 episodes.

Would you class badass action music paired with cutesy magic attacks and sound effects as comedy relief? Because so far I think they've done a great job of making even the fights fun, exciting and funny as well.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I hope next episode is devoted to discussion of gunpla over cake.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Desuwa posted:

I thought the substance was awful. Maybe if this were episode 14 instead of 4 and she had any evidence to back up her insane logical leaps it could have been fine. No one questioned her, and she expressed no doubt, because the writers didn't know how to introduce their setting and so had the "smart" character guess everything figure it all out and explain it to everyone else, including the audience.

I badly want her to have been totally wrong. That'd be a good and fun twist.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The Colonel posted:

meteora is probably a lot of people's waifu

She's Elizabeth from Persona, that kinda character. Everyone remembers Elizabeth.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

eonwe posted:

how is this

the loving best thing followed by an okay thing followed by nap time followed by a return to the loving best thing

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

This show is bad. Like not peddling fascist propaganda bad like some other shows this season, but just plain incompetent bad.

Which show's that?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Sorry for posting and leaving, but the show I was "Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?'. Which is mostly just boring bad but when you start thinking about what the show is saying it gets much worse very fast, you know like how Lifetime movies often have a really messed up subtext.

What? Sukasuka's pretty ok and it isn't fascist propaganda at all. You realise the point is that the guy's against and disgusted about there being child soldier suicide bombers and actively tries to make things better, along with a really on the nose "racism is bad" subplot.

If that's fascist propaganda, Re:Creators is about the validation of North Korea's strategy of re-writing history to make them into the greatest nation on earth to become the greatest nation on earth.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

This episode had plenty of conflict and action, you all were just looking at the wrong half of the cast. Sota actually getting something going is good too.

Did anyone else notice the random football team logos? I spotted the Corinthians (Brazillian) and Chelsea (English) along with the Brazil team uniform. Why on earth would that stuff be in a random Japanese stadium?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

Because that is Nissan Stadium which hosted the World Cup in 2002 and a bunch of Club World Cups afterwards. Apparently they use this stadium for lots of Final matches since it's gigantic. The two teams you spotted played there in 2012.

I'm assuming they are going to use the venue in their plan as a giant gathering of spectators to watch the special anime battle event.

Huh, didn't know Japan hosted 2002, but it's bloody weird that there was a match between the lovely little Corinthians who've never had a decent side for more than a year before the good players get poached and Chelsea, and they played the match in Japan of all places?

Phobophilia posted:

The recent episode, the creators by themselves don't have the charisma to carry the show.

Yeah, they are a little weak without the creations with them to bounce off of. They ought to be using them together a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

C.M. Kruger posted:

Black Lagoon: a salaryman does thug stuff with his thug friends
Jormungand: an albino gunrunner has a toy company make a quantum computer to stop all air travel by hacking it (because apparently international commerce was impossible before computers and cargo aircraft) and this will somehow end all war
And if Killer 7 proves anything it'll just lead to raging hordes of suicide bombers and ICBMs

...What if you literally just had ReCreators but with the mechanics of Killer7? Switching between the different creations based on special abilities after an invasion of literally every trash mob and some monster of the week types at the behest of the government. That could be pretty cool as a spinoff game, and I hope we get a whole bunch of spinoff games (Arc, please make a fighting game) to make up for this 6/10 show that could've so easily been a 10.

• Locked thread