Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i was sold when after all of the life-threatening action happened, the main character and his two fictional anime buddies went to the convenience store and bought a huge basket of potato chips and candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that was a goddamn great episode and i hope this show can keep being this fun to watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's an awkward dork who's favorite fictional characters are suddenly all coming to life and beating each other up with zero explanation. how the heck would you act in that situation

and yeah, it's not like he's even the main narrative focus of most of the stuff that's happening

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i really liked this episode. it was slow but it was really sweet and had lots of funny gags mixed in with the exposition. selesia is cool

i'd say it was a lot better about it all than fate/zero, mainly because it centered around interactions between characters i actually like

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 23, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anime... is anime?!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Gyra_Solune posted:

chumbler what the hell happened to your av

it embiggened

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
saying these things about berserk's author assumes he wouldn't be too absorbed into idolm@ster to care

also you shouldn't wait for things you enjoy to turn awful

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you have been visited by the sushi-eating selesia

emptyquote this post to have the strength to eat wasabi

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 29, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway there could be a bit more action and i guess the pacing in general could be a bit faster but the stuff in these super chill episodes is so sweet and adorable, even between some of the bad guys, that it doesn't bother me. the cast has so much personality and everyone bounces off each other so well that it's just fun to watch them all just chill out together

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
other people: when the gently caress are things going to happen
me: gently caress yeah eat more sandwiches and pizza

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's about as much exposition as fate/zero but iunno, fate/zero had like three or four characters i liked who ended up not getting much core focus and the exposition felt a lot more dry to me while the explosition here is at least littered with lots of little bits of characterization that make it feel, to me, like it has more meaning than just characters droning on endlessly about boring poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
meteora is probably a lot of people's waifu

• Locked thread