Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, I really hate the milquetoast protagonist of this show, so it's probably for the best that he's got fewer lines than most side characters so far. Why on earth is he keeping MUP's identity a secret again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Darth Walrus posted:

I can't help but suspect that much of that was masterful adaptive scripting in the dub. They rewrote a lot.

I never watched the dub, but I'm pretty sure it was still well written. And goddamn concise, too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey man, at least "Blitz" suggests speed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Darth Walrus posted:

They've at least explained what his deal is - he's unhelpful to the heroes, but mostly because he's a giant blob of PTSD who's pretty sure he helped drive his friend/girlfriend to suicide, and can't admit his connection to Altair because it would involve admitting to the awful poo poo he believes he's responsible for. He's basically a somewhat sympathetic minor antagonist at this point.

Bad news is that it looks like they've killed off an interesting character who looks like they were set up to be part of one of the show's cuter couples.

Ah yes, a child and an adult, what a cute couple. :geno:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

sockpuppetclock posted:

New drinking game: Everytime Meteora starts saying some bullshit that everyone around her immediately accepts drink until she shuts up

Thanks, now I have alcohol poisoning.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'll just come out and say it; this show is way to self-serious for something as inherently wacky as "anime/video game characters invade the real world." Cliche as it is, there been almost no strangers in a strange land moments, most everyone adapted to modern Japanese society quickly and easily, and eight episodes in there have only been three real, brief fights. It's all po-faced speeches about reality breaking down and "no, I hate this rotten world, DAD!"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Darth Walrus posted:

Maybe they're referring to the ongoing debate about how Attack on Titan wants us to feel about its use of fascist imagery?

For the record, the current answer seems to be 'about as comfortable as you should be with the chief of state in Fullmetal Alchemist being called the Fuhrer - which is to say, not at all', but the jury's still out, and will likely be so for a while.

I never understood the argument that AOT was pro-fascist, especially considering the way the latest season literally humanizes the enemy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

HenryEx posted:

Lol how did i miss all this time that Meteora's last name is Austria

Haha, yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
All they needed to do was make a meta, genre-mashup, Fate ripoff but instead we get a show featuring both the most passive protagonist of all time, and the most passive villain too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kyte posted:

That aside, I feel like a lot of people here are trying to get from this anime something it's not trying to be. Yes, it definitely gave off the vibe it was meant to be more action oriented, but if 15 episodes didn't disabuse you of that notion shouldn't the problem be in you?

Cool, too bad it's not plot, character, or comedy-oriented either, it just shows flashes of those things.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
RIP Aliceteria. Who would have thought, the world's biggest jobber continued to job to the very end.

Oh, also Selesia, I dunno, she was cool at first but then she pretty much stopped being a character at around the midway mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grouchio posted:

To think that the creator of Black Lagoon would help create such a messy story. :negative:
Something that always struck me as weird is the fact that it's full of characters that Rotton is a parody of.

• Locked thread