Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is like a love letter to anime fans. Mmmmmm that values dissonance! And in comes the edgy guy! The mangaka must be losing his mind. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if the girl hit by the train at the beginning was the catalyst for the plot?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

chumbler posted:

I mean, keep in mind the women in Black Lagoon. And if we're lucky, maybe the boy will turn into Rock.
The boy must be stabbed by his shapeshifting mom if he has any chance of becoming like Rock.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What, did the third episode already come out?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is anyone else having problems with the meek doormat protagonist?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Flip Marina and Selesia with Tappei and Subaru from the Re:Zero anime about LN spoilers.

See what happens. :getin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It may be possible that Souta helped create Gunpuku in the future and that time fuckery has sent her back to make anime real again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

chumbler what the hell happened to your av
It took up too much embalming fluid when it was switched out sooo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

For what purpose does Gunpaku Girl want to wreak havoc and destroy the world? Why is Alice so straight-forwardly dense? When are we going to get another fight?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Creators please don't tank I beseech thee.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

These aren't even the cabbages from Konosuba why would she be weak to them? :psyduck:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And now things start to get interesting.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

quote:

Re Creators trivia:
-Rui’s Gigas Machina was originally made to be as tall as Celestia’s Vogelschevalier (17 m). The director suggested making the Gigas bigger (55 m) in order to emphasize the difference. (The Gigas is a little shorter than the Leaning Tower of Pisa, at 56.4m.)
-Hiroe says Rui is a mixture of several characters from mecha shows, including Ikari Shinji.
-When discussing Celesia’s character, who had some moments of comedy relief, Hiroe said he wasn’t expecting her to do so when he started writing the series. In a sense, he said the character became “three dimensional”.
-Hiroe purposely wrote the government and the female officer as competent because he felt it was frustrating to have people in power doing idiotic things.
https://www.sunday-webry.com/events/re_creators_naked/interview05/
I wonder if some fanservice would help offset Meteora's infodumps?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 7, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did Meteora talk too much again?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mordja posted:

Man, I really hate the milquetoast protagonist of this show, so it's probably for the best that he's got fewer lines than most side characters so far. Why on earth is he keeping MUP's identity a secret again?
Because the plot called for it. It's like the show is squandering it's potential in real time. :sadpeanut:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 14, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think I will check back on this if it ever becomes interesting again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh hey it's the preview for episode 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKl8HX8qPV8

It's loving nothing!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's like this show is the Guilty Crown of pacing. Everything feels like filler! :livintrope:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Was the episode good this time?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When this series ends, we need to get to the bottom of whoever the hell was behind the pacing and why they hosed it up so badly.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

Too bad we'll never find out why she has shark teeth..
She's just drawn that way baby.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The writer of Death Note is way better than this.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If the show did a better job showing the anime character's backgrounds and plots I feel like I would be able to relate to them more. But alas, we are stuck with lovely, lovely, screenwriting.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mediocrity, universally, is the worst fate a medium can suffer, a fate worse than even infamy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This may very well turn out to be the most disappointing anime of the decade. :livintrope:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Caphi posted:

Are they going to get half the current cast killed to make room, or will this just make the show even more consumed by an idiot katamari of convenience and misunderstandings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMH49ieL4es
*Play except at 1.5x speed, to surmise this clusterfuck*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*A new anime character arrives*

This show is not good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if a clip from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei produces more fun than an entire episode of Re: Creators...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrMqi2ZVFnY

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Episode 11 is the standout, in which they try to tell the dramatic climax of a not-especially-coherent story and make us feel for a bunch of flat, uncharismatic characters despite literally not animating half of it. Like, every ten seconds they'll cut to a shot of a drab brick wall. It's the sort of clusterfuck that's difficult to forget.

EDIT: OK, let's go into a little more detail. In Episode 11, Cecil, the rookie wizard barrister who's our protagonist, is not having a good day. Her slimy, double-dealing boyfriend has betrayed her, and handed her over to the main villain. It turns out that her incredible, super-special magic powers are because she's the key to the gate of hell, so he's going to sacrifice her to summon Satan. So the episode opens with her about to have horrible things happen to her while her friends mount an all-out assault on the villain's headquarters. Slimy boyfriend decides he isn't OK with her getting murdered after all, and gets shot for his trouble. It's unclear how bad we are supposed to feel about this. Despite the best efforts of the secondary cast, the ritual goes ahead, but - quelle surprise - it doesn't work, because Satan has already been summoned. Turns out that she is the enthusiastically gay veteran barrister in Cecil's firm who keeps trying to feel her up, and was just chilling on Earth minding her own business (and groping teenage lawyers, because you've got to have a hobby). She frees Cecil, kisses her, and wanders off. Cecil summons her giant robot (yes, a wizard lawyer has a giant robot, yes, it is a regular fixture of the series) and duels the villain in a spectacular mecha battle above Tokyo, because he also has a giant robot. She defeats him, he surrenders, and - gasp! - he requests her as his defence lawyer in his upcoming trial. Cue the postscript episode.

Picture all of that in your mind. Now picture it when every other animation cut is a lengthy shot of a wall, the night sky, or a metal fence on the roof of a building. It's quite something.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

But then how would it run for 24 episodes?
GUILTY CROWN!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How the hell did the recap episode manage to outshine the 12 episodes preceding it? How!? :eyepop:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lestaki posted:

I know. It's amazing, in a sense.
Let's dedicate today towards her hilarious deadpan zingers:

*PAUSE* "Muscle-Brains can't hold a conversation" *WHACK*

"It's not Selesia's Fault she's weak"

"Shut up Grasshopper-Glasses"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The producers also made 4-koma box recaps in addition to the recap episode we just got: https://imgur.com/a/fCrGx

It is also quite hilarious.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

oh holy gently caress the recap and extras are too good for this show

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How are sales for Re Creators anyway?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When the 4Komas outshine the entire show. :catdrugs:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Desuwa posted:

I caught up on this show because I hate myself. The last six episodes felt like they provided about three episodes of content, which is at least a better ratio than the first seven or eight.

I feel like there's a really good 12 episode series buried somewhere inside these 22 episodes; I guess that's why I came back.
It was the recap episode.

Yes I'm shocked too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AnacondaHL posted:

I have never seen a show that has treated their audience as if they were sacks of completely dumbass motherfuckers quite like this ever before. Like they don't need to spend FIVE episodes in a row describing the PREMISE to us again. Like, not even the plot, just the introductory PREMISE of what they are doing. Oh, but this time with hot springs tits. We get it, we got it in the first 5 minutes, move on, please.
What twisted new breed of cynicism made the writers make this story the way it is?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm glad I dropped this around episode 5.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kyte posted:

From the moment her character concept was explained I just knew this was gonna end up with a Shaman King type ending.
Please explain the ending of Shaman King for me. I never bothered reading it.

• Locked thread