Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

You know, this sort of premise really relies upon the idea that real life looks like an anime. Because in reality if an anime character became "real" they would either look like a cosplaying regular person or would be some 2D abomination existing in a 3D world like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Yeah, it's a little confusing. Unless they tell us otherwise, I'm going to assume that everyone looks normal in the "real" world, and probably did when glasses boy went into the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Mage girl has a point, it's not clear whether depicting (how clearly?) a world instantiates it or just makes it accessible to whatever method uniform girl is using. It could also be that it's uniform girl's method that actually creates the worlds (or at least enough of them to recover one character).

Either way, it's hard to justify holding authors responsible for the seemingly unique and until now unknown dimension-spawning property of glasses boy's world.

ViggyNash posted:

Now they've got me thinking "What would happen if they magiced characters from X show into their world?"

Fun examples:

Gurren Lagaan
Welcome to the NHK
Fate/Zero

Last Action Hero
'What, again? Well, I hope none of you guys think this is the "real" world either...'

Any piece of non-genre fiction set in the present day
'So... my world isn't fictional, just me and everyone I know. Great.'

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Supposedly sympathetic people not sharing critical information is something that happens far too often in anime generally, and it's always annoying.

Urban Fantasy Villain looks like fun, her power seems particularly suited to dealing with her exposition-loving fellow creations.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

It's odd that Mamika seemed to have a problem with villain girl; dealing with obvious cackling evil should very much be in her wheelhouse.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

rui would be incredibly annoying to anyone with responsibility or authority but he'd be hilarious to hang out and pick up chicks with

Chicks dig giant robots.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Just checked, and Pixiv seems to love drawing MUP, which is cute, in a meta way.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

If this show really wants us to treat its setting as the "real world" then Doughnut Steel should die in the explosion and none of her whiny backstory should end up mattering.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I wonder what part of Alice's story gives her all the critical reasoning abilities of Knuckles the echidna?

I'm glad that Meteora has at least learned to shut up tactically.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

So it seems glasses boy is even less responsible for his idiot friend's death than we thought...

(Also, lol, someone said they'd make the wiki)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

:aaaaa:

I dropped this show maybe 5 episodes ago, but maybe I should pick it back up.

...why are you in this thread?

This plan of theirs seems... convoluted. Why not just try to make the public perception Altair sillier and/or worse?

• Locked thread