Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It has what sounds like exactly the same soundtrack as Aldnoah Zero.

I'm curious to see where the plot goes. Is this woman the main character in the anime he watches or is she the love interest of the main character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

She's the lead since she's the one with the cool robot. If she was the love interest, she wouldn't get anything.

Well, there are quite a few titles where some guy is the protagonist and his love interest is a super powerful princess warrior or whatever.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

You know, this sort of premise really relies upon the idea that real life looks like an anime. Because in reality if an anime character became "real" they would either look like a cosplaying regular person or would be some 2D abomination existing in a 3D world like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing that was pretty unique about the first episode is that it didn't really play up the "WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WORLD" stuff and do a bunch of fish out of water shenanigans (which is what you'd normally expect from this sort of premise). The anime lady stayed pretty calm and quickly realized stuff was different and didn't flip out at every little thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ViggyNash posted:

Now they've got me thinking "What would happen if they magiced characters from X show into their world?"

Ozu from Tatami Galaxy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was surprised that the magical girl was able to (directly, anyways) outfight Selejia. Her attacks seem to move fairly slowly and don't seem that useful in melee range (and I would imagine Selejia knows how to use that sword she fights with). It's like "melee fighting prowess" is a common attribute for vanilla magical girls to have.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Astro Ambulance posted:

Also, I feel like she probably didn't really want to hurt a literal child.

I dunno it seemed like she came really close to cutting her stomach open and only avoided doing so because magical girl jumped back in time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So an episode or two ago they mentioned how characters are summoned due to having a big impact on viewers, but wasn't Meteora like an item shop NPC or something in her game? I guess maybe she became part of some meme or something they made her unusually popular?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chumbler posted:

I think she was like the final save point NPC or something so I guess players doing post game stuff would see her a lot?

Yeah, though even then it's a little weird for her to have made a huge impact along the lines of all these other characters (who seem to be protagonists, rivals of the protagonists, etc).

As an unrelated note, I feel bad for Sota that he no longer gets to live with the two (literal) anime girls.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually like Celestia more than Meteora. She's a surprisingly un-cliche character who seems really down to earth and intelligent. I like how in the beginning she didn't flip out and do a bunch of goofy stuff in response to learning about her being an anime character, etc.

Meteora is also fine, but she's very much a Nagato Yuki-type character.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm catching up and watching the last 4-5 episodes, and I'm now on Episode 9 and Alice is a seriously dumb person. Magane is all but saying "I AM AN UNRELIABLE PERSON AND HIGHLY LIKELY TO BE TRICKING YOU" and Alice just takes her at her word. I can understand her be written as a straight-forward knight character, but I feel like being so credulous that an enemy saying "Hey I'm not your enemy instead you need to fight some other guy" while literally twirling their mustache would probably interfere with being an effective warrior over the long-term.

edit: Hahaha jesus christ don't tell me that this gullible gently caress is also going to believe/tell The Most Obvious Lie just because he doesn't want people to know about his secret.

edit2: Okay he's not Alice-tier dumb at least.

edit3: There needs to be a sequel where some scientists acquire the blood Mamika dropped all over the city while trying to fly to Alice and start mass-producing magical girls.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Is Magane's power to make anything real if people deny it? I.e. if she says "there's a giant penis flying through the sky" and you say "no there's not" there will suddenly be a giant sky dildo? That seems like the sort of thing that would be really good up until people figured out how it worked, at which point it would become utterly useless against all but the most incompetent opponents (that mind control guy from My Hero Academia has that same problem; if he ever becomes a famous hero, his power will become useless).

So I ended up not watching the rest of the episodes last night, so I'm still at episode 10. I really hope that the MC literally told suicide girl "go kill yourself" before she suicided, because at least then he would have a legitimate reason for being ashamed and wanting to hide it from people, but I have a feeling that he did something far more benign that allows him to maintain some sort of plausible deniability in terms of his moral rectitude.

In general this show feels really awkward. So little happens! I was giving it the benefit of the doubt for the first several episodes, but it's amazing how little has happened so far. I think that it could be summed up as:

- Animes arrive in real world
- Animes meet their creators
- People discuss the grand plan of Uniform Princess
- People determine the identity of Uniform Princess
- Mamika gets turned into a shish kebab by Uniform Princess

I feel like everything up until episode 10 could have been condensed into just 3 or 4 episodes, easily.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 26, 2017

• Locked thread