Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HannibalBarca posted:

the sagas of video game studios' decline and fall usually combine delicious drama with incredibly poor documentation, so it's always fun to hear The Stories from people who know them.

Well, I finally got it all figured out so we can stop this derail, but it was Krome Studios but it didn't drop them: it just bombed horribly and "almost" took them out. Got it mixed up for Pandemic, another Australian developer and creator of DAH!, somehow.

Looking into it, Pandemic went down for more business and political reasons. More banal really. Their sales weren't great for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, and the Saboteur that EA decided to close the studio and EA absorbed the employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Are we talking about Blade Kitten? The Furry Webcomic game?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Zain posted:

Are we?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Zain posted:

We were, yeah. Got Pandemic and Krome mixed up because they are both Australian.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Buddy, that ain't furry, that's just anime.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Buddy, that ain't furry, that's just anime.

It's a fine line, but one that walks between the horrors of weeabo and moe and the horrors of furries and yiffing. One could argue it is simply trying one's best to avoid falling into either hell, but, in the effort, finds themselves stuck in an equally horrifying purgatory.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Unfortunately, this LP's gonna have to take a bit of a nap as our good friend Yapping Eevee has to go better himself for the next five months. Sit tight, humanity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
A hell of a way to start a LP, I know. But apparently my wit(?) is a key part of this project, and a full-time course doesn't leave much time where I can do commentary.

Also LizWiz is probably happy to have one less LP to juggle for a while, given the other half-dozen. :v:

• Locked thread