Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Anyone else remember The Haunted Bridge from the Nancy Drew mystery stories series?

A recap:

quote:

Nancy's father Carson Drew is on the trail of an international ring of jewel thieves, and asks her to assist him in his pursuit. The trail leads to a summer resort area. Before Nancy has a chance to start work on her father's case, a golf caddy tells her a frightening tale. In the dense woods nearby is an old wooden footbridge guarded by a ghost! Intrigued by the caddy's story, Nancy decides to investigate. Several riddles confront the young detective as she attempts to solve the mystery of the haunted bridge and track down a woman suspected of being a key member of the gang of the jewelry thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
woah I don't remember this at all are you sure?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Was my favorite book of the series! Well, other than the cross overs with the Hardy Boys, those were dope.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Was the ghost old man Whiters in disguise trying to frighten people away from the gems?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm more of a ghost dog man, myself. That is, the ghost dogs of moon lake

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So how was this all resolved?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
never read that one op

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
This really brings back some memories

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

typical nancy going golfing instead of following the trail of an international ring of jewel thieves

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I was more of a hardy boys fellow myself, op.

but good job on a post well done.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

H.H posted:

I was more of a hardy boys fellow myself, op.

but good job on a post well done.

they were expensive and hardback but worth it for the Strong Male presence . in fact withouut their male gaze they would have found no clues. how nancy drew did it is a mystery

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Drunk & Ugly posted:

they were expensive and hardback but worth it for the Strong Male presence . in fact withouut their male gaze they would have found no clues. how nancy drew did it is a mystery

she employed female intuition duh. clearly you didn't ready closely enough

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I was more of a boxcar children fan OP, so I won't stick around and dispute your memories. GL

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I thought those books were for girls? I mean I read it but that's only because I am a homosexual.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol nancy drew is for babies, real cool cats would be more likely to remember the hardy boys and their chum chet mason in

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
do u think the hardy boys ever went to town on chets behind

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Haunted bridge is among probably the top 4 nancy drew stories, behind

The Mystery at Lilac Inn
The Hidden Staircase
The Password to Larkspur Lane

thoughts???

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Encyclopedia Brown was better

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I remember good old Nancy. Thankfully Kate Beaton did too

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It would be better if they were funny

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Oh Blue Train...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh toadvine...

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I never read these because I was a boy, but I did read Encyclopedia Brown. That kid sure was clever!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

garfield hentai posted:

I never read these because I was a boy, but I did read Encyclopedia Brown. That kid sure was clever!

I read a lot of books as a kid! I read all of the encyclopedia brown books, and all of the hardy boys books, and many more!

Diary more like Dairy amirite?!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Robot Randy posted:

do u think the hardy boys ever went to town on chets behind

like in his jalopy or something? a little hardy boy hardiness in chets fartbox?

naem
May 29, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

Was my favorite book of the series! Well, other than the cross overs with the Hardy Boys, those were dope.

The hardy boys help Nancy drew find the little man in the boat

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

500 good dogs posted:

I read a lot of books as a kid! I read all of the encyclopedia brown books, and all of the hardy boys books, and many more!

Diary more like Dairy amirite?!

Wow, that's a lot of detective books! I guess if I ever have a mystery to solve I know who to call!

naem posted:

The hardy boys help Nancy drew find the little man in the boat

I don't remember this one. Do you remember the title?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

lmao i think i had this

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remeber one of these books, but I don't know specifically what iI was . Possibly encyclopedia Brown. And a store got robbed and a knife was plunged into a watermelon. And the case was cracked because a guy said "my knife has a longer blade than that" even though you couldn't see the blade because it was all the way in the watermelon. That's not evidence. What was this book

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What about cam Jansen

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

canpakes posted:

I remeber one of these books, but I don't know specifically what iI was . Possibly encyclopedia Brown. And a store got robbed and a knife was plunged into a watermelon. And the case was cracked because a guy said "my knife has a longer blade than that" even though you couldn't see the blade because it was all the way in the watermelon. That's not evidence. What was this book

Has to be Encyclopedia Brown. He also solved cases by being smart, the Hardy Boys we're more your all-American wholesome adventurer sorts. And Nancy Drew was for girls so who knows what was in those books.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Not a single amen for the boxcar children. I'm disappointed

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
is the bridge really haunted

naem
May 29, 2011

garfield hentai posted:

I don't remember this one. Do you remember the title?

Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Secrets of the Eiffel Tower

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Hardawn posted:

Not a single amen for the boxcar children. I'm disappointed

In reality, the boxcar children would have been better off not lying to authority figures and getting help from the State. drat libertarians, feeding innocent children nonsense about surviving by themselves. Don't even get me started on My Side of the Mountain!

(I liked the Hardy Boys and Tom Swift cross-overs, because they were so bad they had to make them never happen using time travel. Nancy was way too smart to get involved in that shitshow.)

Since we're talking about this stuff, did anyone else read The Three Investigators? They had Alfred Hitchcock in them for some reason.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Boxcar children were often sexually abused at the hands of the destitute who would ride the rails, it's hosed up they'd use that as a premise for childrens books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
Does anyone remember Trixie Belden? She was a slightly more modern Nancy Drew knockoff. I only remember one book, it had something to do with her and her highschool mystery solving buddies getting satin jackets with their mystery solving "club" name and them not being able to wear them because the school didn't want to encourage gangs. But I think they were able to brown nose their way around the rules and eventually got to wear their bitchin' jackets.

Nancy Drew was way better.

• Locked thread