Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

KRock posted:

Oh good another hillary clinton thread

Looking forward to the diverse array of opinions that will undoubtably be dropped itt

heres' my hot take

your posting is bad :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bro Dad posted:

Ms kucinich owns a dragon maid body pillow

Look at this pillowbro

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Chelsea Clinton is arguably the most famous 90s kid of our epoch

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Man Musk posted:

Chelsea Clinton is arguably the most famous 90s kid of our epoch

Macaulay Culkin 2020

firebeats
May 8, 2016
looking forward to four more years of Trump as a result of her narcissism

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wasn't this the video that was supposed to "prove" sexism but instead showed how easy it was to dunk on a Clinton character by having a message and being interesting, even when Trump is a woman and Clinton a man

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the smug and condescending book plug at the end is hilariously tone deaf

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

call to action posted:

Wasn't this the video that was supposed to "prove" sexism but instead showed how easy it was to dunk on a Clinton character by having a message and being interesting, even when Trump is a woman and Clinton a man

Yup.

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2017/march/trump-clinton-debates-gender-reversal.html

NYU posted:

Based on the conversations after the performances, it sounded like audience members had their beliefs rattled in a similar way. What were some themes that emerged from their responses?
We heard a lot of “now I understand how this happened”—meaning how Trump won the election. People got upset. There was a guy two rows in front of me who was literally holding his head in his hands, and the person with him was rubbing his back. The simplicity of Trump’s message became easier for people to hear when it was coming from a woman—that was a theme. One person said, “I’m just so struck by how precise Trump’s technique is.” Another—a musical theater composer, actually—said that Trump created “hummable lyrics,” while Clinton talked a lot, and everything she was was true and factual, but there was no “hook” to it. Another theme was about not liking either candidate—you know, “I wouldn’t vote for either one.” Someone said that Jonathan Gordon [the male Hillary Clinton] was “really punchable” because of all the smiling. And a lot of people were just very surprised by the way it upended their expectations about what they thought they would feel or experience. There was someone who described Brenda King [the female Donald Trump] as his Jewish aunt who would take care of him, even though he might not like his aunt. Someone else described her as the middle school principal who you don’t like, but you know is doing good things for you.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

call to action posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRAonpLeQg

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

KRock posted:

Oh good another hillary clinton thread

Looking forward to the diverse array of opinions that will undoubtably be dropped itt

Someone should maybe bomb this thread for what it's done to this beautiful baby.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
the moab was Hillary's entire campaign lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

well a moab didn't cost 1.4 billion dollars

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

well a moab didn't cost 1.4 billion dollars

DON'T GIVE THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY MORE IDEAS!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

hahahahahah

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

:bernpop:

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

So does Hillary take responsibility for her neoliberal bullshit and pay-for-play politics in her new book or does she blame everyone else again?

Alienwarehouse has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Apr 14, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Alienwarehouse posted:

So does Hillary take responsibility
you probably could have just stopped here

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Alienwarehouse posted:

So does Hillary take responsibility for her neoliberal bullshit and pay-for-play politics in her new book or does she blame everyone else again?

Well, speaking of that...

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/328405-clinton-campaign-plagued-by-bickering

quote:

The underlying truth — the one that many didn’t want to admit to themselves — was the person ultimately responsible for these decisions, the one whose name was on the ticket, hadn’t corrected these problems, all of which had been brought to her attention before primary day. She’d stuck with the plan, and it had cost her.

While the campaign projected a ­drama-free tenor, it was reminiscent of other moments of frustration.

Months earlier, Hillary Clinton turned her fury on her consultants and campaign aides, blaming them for a failure to focus the media on her platform.

In her ear the whole time, spurring her on to cast blame on others and never admit to anything, was her husband. Neither Clinton could accept the simple fact that Hillary had hamstrung her own campaign and dealt the most serious blow to her own presidential aspirations.

:discourse:

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

This is simply false. Bill Clinton was the one telling her that her campaign strategy was poo poo and that she needed to make stops in the Rustbelt. Hillary essentially told him to get hosed because she thought that campaigning in the "Blue Wall" would have been embarrassing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao going to get this book so I can laugh over Hillary's failed poorly run campaign:

https://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Inside-Hillary-Clintons-Campaign/dp/0553447084/

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Alienwarehouse posted:

Without reading her book, I can guarantee the answer is "no". If she thinks she made any mistakes at all, it's that she didn't do her neoliberal bullshit and pay-for-play politics hard enough

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
To be fair to her never admit being wrong about anything worked for Donny T

That said she's really bad

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hillary am I right folks *restrained chuckles *I mean, Hillary, just Hillary *guffaws*what are you gonna do. About Hillary *crowd leaps to feet with standing ovation *

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

etalian posted:

Lmao going to get this book so I can laugh over Hillary's failed poorly run campaign:

https://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Inside-Hillary-Clintons-Campaign/dp/0553447084/

let me know if it's any good because I'm dying to read a book about this whole mess

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Chokes McGee posted:

hillary am I right folks *restrained chuckles *I mean, Hillary, just Hillary *guffaws*what are you gonna do. About Hillary *crowd leaps to feet with standing ovation *

:agreed: she's a mess who should've stayed in the forest. She's one of the more incompetent dems too and really stupid

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Coolguye posted:

Trump course corrected constantly and tried a whole bunch of stuff that didnt work and then did something else, or stuck to doing things in places where it did work

He also spent a lot of time clarifying himself into superior positions and had no problem with his new position being contrary to his original statement. He seemed to genuinely recognize when he made a mistake and change as a result, even if he never said as much

Hillary always seemed to double down whenever things went wrong. She just couldnt adapt or get ahead of stuff because it was always about staying the course in the face of overwhelming evidence

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Condiv posted:

:agreed: she's a mess who should've stayed in the forest. She's one of the more incompetent dems too and really stupid

:ughh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I know it took a long time for you to realize how terrible and dumb she is, but try not to be so hard on yourself for supporting her. Her cronies did a very good job of convincing people she was competent and a lot of dems were fooled.

Can you imagine being as dumb as Hillary though? You'd be dumber than Donald trump! :psyduck:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Chokes McGee posted:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Condiv posted:

I know it took a long time for you to realize how terrible and dumb she is, but try not to be so hard on yourself for supporting her. Her cronies did a very good job of convincing people she was competent and a lot of dems were fooled.

Can you imagine being as dumb as Hillary though? You'd be dumber than Donald trump! :psyduck:

*writes in variable value on chalkboard with shaky hands* my god. with the amount of wind zipping over the suck zone's head we could power all of cspam

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

they said it couldn't be done

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hillary...
*crowd gasps in anticipation*

Clinton :grin:

*the crowd erupts into screams and applause*

*the energy in the room becomes uncontrollable and the audience gradually turns into a riot*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Chokes McGee posted:

*writes in variable value on chalkboard with shaky hands* my god. with the amount of wind zipping over the suck zone's head we could power all of cspam

Wouldn't the wind be going into the suck zone's mouth instead of over its head? Since it sucks?

That being said, Hillary sucks the most so she'd be a better source of electricity.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Business Gorillas posted:

Hillary...
*crowd gasps in anticipation*

Clinton :grin:

*the crowd erupts into screams and applause*

*the energy in the room becomes uncontrollable and the audience gradually turns into a riot*

Are we not men (we are suck zone)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Coolguye posted:

idk why people think anyone in the Clinton machine is going to abandon everything they think they know about politics just because their way of doing things finally completely failed

this is something these people have been doing for literally decades, often since the beginning of their careers. to a lot of them, it's not "one way of doing politics", it's just "politics".

they might change their messaging and their public posture, but they'll take the methods to their graves

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

idk why people think anyone in the Clinton machine is going to abandon everything they think they know about politics just because their way of doing things finally completely failed

this is something these people have been doing for literally decades, often since the beginning of their careers. to a lot of them, it's not "one way of doing politics", it's just "politics".

they might change their messaging and their public posture, but they'll take the methods to their graves

along with the democratic party. Good Riddance.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
for example, robby mook has been failing upwards for fifteen years

He got his first paid political job thanks to a high school friend who was running for office, and has been rising the ranks ever since regardless of whether his candidate won or lost

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
X-post from the TRUMP thread-

Even though only the first section is about H-Dawg

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/HanoyShan/status/853274728441798660

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

C-Euro posted:

X-post from the TRUMP thread-

Even though only the first section is about H-Dawg

This guy concludes from all of this that raism doesnt exist?

This is a really confusing article

• Locked thread