Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

legit: what are you feeding, op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

1/4 can Friskies tasty treasures wet each twice a day and iams indoor weight and hairball control bowls left out 24/7.

We completely swapped out the litter and cleaned the boxes after a long winter and they smell less but holy crap our tabby can still cause us both to gag when he farts.

go grab some 4health canned from your local tractor supply. It's pretty cheap and it's been my standby when I end up having to feed a can. Friskies is pure garbage and so is iams. that's why their asses smell like death. sorry dude.

I feed homemade raw and there's pretty little stank from the cats and pretty little waste, to be honest. You don't have to jump into the raw thing, but generally with cats kibble is the low end tier, wet food is the next best up, and whole prey, raw, or premade frozen raw from the grocery store/pet store are your better/best choices. And it doesn't make your kitty mouths anymore toxic than they already were.

As far as litter goes, I use horse stall pine pellets. You can get'em from your local tractor supply or feed store. 40 pounds for $5 isn't bad and it pours out in two seconds. For litter boxes, I use 10 gallon sterilite tubs with a hole cut on one side and the top on. Instant closed cat litter bin for like $5 and 10 seconds with a reciprocating saw.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Brewmaster posted:

I have two cats that poo poo nuclear grade turds. Unfortunately I can't change their brand of food, as it was prescribed by their vet because they throw up anything else I feed them. They're both 15 years old so I'm chalking this up to old age, but it still sucks.

I saw an advertisement for one of those 3 tiered stacking litter boxes the other day. Does anyone have any experience with those? I figure if I cant make them stink less I can at least make disposing of it easier, but I've been burned by "convenience" products on Amazon before, so I dont know.

It sucks when your animals are on prescription food because most of them suck as far as waste output goes. I've never tried the three tier stackers. We just have totes with a small hole in one side and it tends to kill any scent pretty well.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yeah that's because a bunch of cats and dogs are getting sick off Diamond pet foods. Again. And taste of the wild is a diamond brand. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/diamond_dog_food.html

I've been recommending people switch to Earthborn. They're one of the companies out there that doesn't have anything to do with diamond.

• Locked thread