Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

not_that_hardcore posted:

i originally came to this subforum looking for any mention of the Litter-Robot III Open-Air. since this thread is already supposed to be about litter boxes, i'll post here

anybody have one of these?

Late response here, but I have this box. Overall it's pretty good but mine has been a little finicky the whole time I've had it. It occasionally gets stuck, or decides the drawer is full when it's not, so it stops cycling. It has some quirks, so I just try to glance at the box twice a day to make sure it's happy. I'd rather deal with the issues than have to scoop boxes every day.

Before this, I had a Litter Robot II, which was a bit more reliable imo, but also louder and more cramped inside for the cats. The base on my LR2 died after 4 years of use, and I replaced the base only and continued to use it for another 2+ years; it still works but it's grimey and old so I got the LR3 about 2 years ago. So overall a pretty reliable machine. It's expensive up front, but if you figure the monthly cost if it lasts 4+ years, it's really not bad. I also use less litter than I used to.

I have 2 cats and the LR3 is my only litterbox. I only had to empty the drawer once a week with the LR2, but with the LR3 I have to do it more like every 4 days because the sensor says the drawer is full a long time before it is truly full, so it stops cycling. Also the LR3 is really big. If you're planning to keep it in a closet or similar tight space, be sure to measure the doorway first.

My dog has no problem getting snacks out of the LR3 before it cycles, so I do have to keep it behind a baby gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread