Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellacopter
Feb 25, 2011
Semi-comedy answer because while it will keep your litterbox fresh and tidy, it's throwing money at a problem that can be more easily addressed like the poster above me said by changing the food.

Some cats have the equivalent of lactose intolerance so they don't digest certain ingredients very well. While your non-smelly cat might be okay with the current food, new tabby might have a more delicate GI tract that responds by making GBS threads out death. I'm a filthy yuppie so I try to look for foods that don't have a lot of carbs or fillers that cats can't digest anyway, and I can definitely tell that the shitsmell changes depending on what kind they're eating. It's poo poo so it's always going to smell bad but I prefer normal stank > death stank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellacopter
Feb 25, 2011
I have had a few sifting litter boxes and all of them have been too small and the walls were too short for my 10 lb cat who loves to kick litter everywhere. Finally made my own by getting 3 40(?) gallon plastic totes that nest real well and drilled holes in the bottom of one of them. Instant giant, high walled, sifting litterbox. It is a little bit of a hassle to lift the sifting box because of the weight of the litter, but even skinny goon arms can do it. Keeps my hands away from scooping turds at least. :v: Between that and the Litter Robot, my 4 worthless cats always have a clean place to poo poo.

• Locked thread