Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I switched my cat over to Taste of the Wild and I don't think I'm having the same experience as everyone else, because his poops are incredibly loving gnarly now. Like, they never smelled good, but they're absolutely murderous ever since then. They also look like they have a weird "creamy" consistency like soft serve and :barf: It doesn't help that he is incapable of covering his turds.

Is this just him getting used to the food, or does he not agree with it? I thought better ingredients and a higher protein content would make him smell less, not make it worse.

If it helps, this is the one I'm feeding him: https://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/cat-formulas/rocky-mountain-feline-formula-with-roasted-venison-smoked-salmon/

Protein: 42% minimum; Fat: 18% minimum.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yeah that's because a bunch of cats and dogs are getting sick off Diamond pet foods. Again. And taste of the wild is a diamond brand. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/diamond_dog_food.html

I've been recommending people switch to Earthborn. They're one of the companies out there that doesn't have anything to do with diamond.

Holy poo poo. I had no idea about this. Alright, gently caress that poo poo, he's going on a new food diet. Worse comes to worse, I guess he's going back to Science Diet :sigh:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I thought more protein was better? I would have expected cats to be healthier on a high protein diet than otherwise.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So I get to choose between less-healthy cats or atomic shits. :cry: Maybe I'll just keep the window cracked open and invest in a gas mask.

• Locked thread