Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

After 4 years of use my PS3 is finally gone. This got me thinking, we must all have memories like this. Our favorite console or handheld or peripheral, one day you go to use it and the life is gone. Sometimes we break our own poo poo, sometimes its defective and sometimes it just dies of natural causes.

What are your stories imps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i red ringed my 360 playing oblivion

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

F

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got a PS4 when I was in the desert so I could play Bloodborne (and MGSV) and the GPU died as I was fighting enemies on my way to the forest. It was 2 months before I was able to play Bloodborne again. Those were trying times let me tell you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When the screen on my parents Packard Bell just stopped working one day....

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My old 3ds had a nasty fall down and couldn't work when fully spread and cracked a screen. my old psp's battery died. Semper Fi

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

same but GTAV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Literally all of my consoles still work. I found my GBA SP recently and that thing was still holding a charge even.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I haven't tried to use my SNES in probably a decade so the jury is still out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my 360 that red ringed had a super meat boy 200% save file

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

My Gamecube stopped reading discs when I tried to replay Wind Waker like 5 years ago. My PS2 also stopped reading certain discs unless i flipped it upside down. I remember having to do that to play Guilty Gear X.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My ps4 pro bricked itself five hours into FFXV so i got disappointed twice and also over a longer period of time.

My dad gave my Dreamcast to a poor kid down the street without telling me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

For me it was America's Army: Rise of a Soldier and it made me too scared to ever play a backwards-compatible original Xbox game on a 360 ever again even though that probably didn't have anything to do with it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stepped on my DS & shattered the bottom screen

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My cool Gameboy with the see-through case. Knocked off a table by an excited dog.....the liquid of the display ran slowly over its face :smith:

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
GBA SP caught some damage when i ran around with it in my pocket

on the other hand my N3DS and regular 3DS before it have been dropped a million times and rattled in my bag without any damage at all

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My cousin's copy of Pokemon Yellow that he told my family I shoved up my rear end because the connector had brown corrosion on it. I did not shove the cartridge up my rear end, but I was humiliated.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One Man Trash posted:

GBA SP caught some damage when i ran around with it in my pocket

on the other hand my N3DS and regular 3DS before it have been dropped a million times and rattled in my bag without any damage at all

I have played my N3DS so much that the paint on the right hand side has been stripped clean by skin oil.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I have played my N3DS so much that the paint on the right hand side has been stripped clean by skin oil.

Same. The gold Zelda paint on both the left and right side of my N3DS is gone. It was probably all the monster hunter.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I donated my N64 to a children's home

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
My childhood SNES stopped working about a year ago and I can't bring myself to throw it away

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Well I haven't tried to use my SNES in probably a decade so the jury is still out.

Long after the nuclear holocaust the SNES will still function

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

When I was a kid we were dirt poor but my dads best friend owned pawn shops and he kept giving me PSX consoles that didn't work and I spent hours every night trying to piece a working one together. 13 year old me knew more about the inner workings of the ps one than probably anyone outside sony. The day I got one working would've been the best moment of my young teenage life but then I had sex like six months later so

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

julian assflange posted:

My cool Gameboy with the see-through case. Knocked off a table by an excited dog.....the liquid of the display ran slowly over its face :smith:
I also lost my first Gameboy, one of the transparent ones, to a broken screen. Luckily I got one of the classic white bricks to replace it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a few years ago i was looking for something in storage at my parents' house and found the PS1. i plugged it in, psyched to play some SOTN, and it didn't work. it was a very sad moment.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i left my SNES in cuba w/ my cousins when i was 14. i think the 360 and such were already out and i was diving into PC gaming with CS and hl2 etc. but that donkey kong country 2 cart had a bunch of 102s in it, and I 102'd it again in cuba to say goodbye.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

My phat DS, broken hinge survivor and replacement shell haver, one day stopped saving the system data resulting in an inescapable first setup loop. RIP.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

My phat DS, broken hinge survivor and replacement shell haver, one day stopped saving the system data resulting in an inescapable first setup loop. RIP.

I miss mine too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

When I was a kid we were dirt poor but my dads best friend owned pawn shops and he kept giving me PSX consoles that didn't work and I spent hours every night trying to piece a working one together. 13 year old me knew more about the inner workings of the ps one than probably anyone outside sony. The day I got one working would've been the best moment of my young teenage life but then I had sex like six months later so

Lmfao I did the same thing with PS2s. Every one I got had the same problem though all I never ended up fixing one

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retard Larry.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

drat getting molested after losing a videogame must be rough

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Lmfao I did the same thing with PS2s. Every one I got had the same problem though all I never ended up fixing one

The original PSone run was notorious for the little motor that moved the laser burning out, and in some of them the CD spindle motor would die. I lucked out and got one with a working laser and just swapped the spindle motor. I dont remember if it worked very long

Plutonis posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Plutonis posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh hell no. I didn't ask for these feels today. *nopes dafuq outta this thread*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh hell no. I didn't ask for these feels today. *nopes dafuq outta this thread*