Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

This isn't something i would normally openly admit, but it's information that may contribute greatly to your efforts. whoo, here it goes. I've often thought about how a 5 poster roo bar compliments the grille/headlight/fender arrangement of the Lincolns and how wonderful one would look on my own. It would be good fab practice, and contribute to both road safety, aesthetics, and resale value.

Yes! Do this! and get some flags, too. They'll stream sideways when you're doing big stupid donuts in a field, which the Aussies call "Circle Work". It's more authentic that way.
Circle Work Competitor 4 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Circle Work Competitor 5 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
Note the flexible vertical rods, I don' t know exactly how useful they are but they're part of the package.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We have decided that June 2-5 is the most probable date for the event, but it is not set in stone. Let me know if you are planning on coming and cannot do June 2-5.
I'd really like to come to this. I'm in Vancouver for a conference that ends June 1 and my parents live in Cowtown so I can easily get myself that far for the morning of June 2.
Anybody need a co-driver? I don't think I'll be able to bring my GF along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Spring Lake is amazingly close to where I'll be spending around 2 weeks of May.

My rental from YEG for my May-in-Alberta is going to cost about as much as this car. I wonder if I can get work to pay for this, instead...

Seriously, though, if anyone is actually contemplating this I will be in that area from about the 8th to the 21st of May and I could easily go check it out in person. I'll also be driving right past it on the 1st and I could try to find it and take some pictures / talk to the seller.

Also, I'm going to flake out of the actual trip now - maybe next year.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Slung Blade posted:

:argh: Execuuuuudooooorkk :argh:

:ohdear:

It's been a while since I last pissed off a stranger over the internet. Sorry!

As mayor, do you have the ability to ban me from your town? I need to update my C.V. anyways, might be good to put a little conversation piece into it.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Being a keynote speaker counts as work, so I could get that paid for. Plus, it would actually be a pretty high priority because everybody is talking about doing more "community outreach".

How many peatlands (bogs, fens, other wetlands) are in your municipality? How many peat extraction or processing facilities are close to the 2TM2T route?

EDIT: This Map (PDF) tells me there are probably a few in both places.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 18, 2017

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Probably yes. This is pretty far off-topic for this thread, but I would actually be interested in having a look at your wetland sometime. It seems I have a professional reason to attend the next ABAI gathering.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo! Call up Freiburger and Finnegan, get Roadkill onto this trip!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

I'm pretty sure the black plague started when some guy bought an el camino that has been sitting for 25 years without a drivers side window and then drove it for 4 days.

I don't have any history books handy to verify, but i'm pretty sure that's how it started.

Sure, but different time, different place.

There are no rats in Alberta. :v:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
That Towncar is fantastic.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Still no FM radio either.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-car-audio-gps/calgary/alpine-head-unit/1243259787?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Apparently, SSSwitch is too modest to post the ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1988-lincoln-town-car-signature-series-on-mud-terrains/1270866179?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

112 visits in 24 hours, not too bad.

• Locked thread