Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I love that lincoln. Those tires look so beefy on there even though they're the exact same size as the M+S tires on my lincoln.

I've worked in around that area, On a weekend, the first 40-50kms at least will be full of mostly drunk campers in giant brotrucks pulling giant trailers. Remember you're going to be without cell service for basically the full length of the road(a cell booster gets you coverage at the top of hills). Depending on your fuel tank size, with the drag of gravel and a heavy foot, some vehicles might not make the full trip on a tank of fuel, and a single jerry can won't get you to a gas station. The speed limit is still 80 on most of it so 8 hours might not be realistic.

You can stop for lunch in water valley, have one car go ahead to the other end of the single lane trail to spot traffic, and turn that road into a special stage for 2 cars in each direction. clicky

This is a video from my truck, you could imagine how much more fun it would be in something 100,000lbs lighter, and how little fun it would be meeting another car head to head. That's the road i used to burn my turbo oil feed line and power steering hoses to a crisp. At one point coming in hot empty, i nearly threw myself out of the seat. It was fun even in an empty mack. the west half is a rollercoaster, the east half you have to push your way through cows. If there's an oilfield company using the road, they'll probably have flaggers keeping traffic one way during daylight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So8falUGwz4

Also, watch out for bears, there will probably be bears.

Slung Blade posted:

Yeah we're sticking north of Cochrane, there's lots of oil field stuff in there and they maintain the roads at least a little.

The only question I really have is, do we meet at my place and start from the south, or meet in nordegg and start from the north?

I would say start south and go to nordegg, if you end up with an extra day at the end or if someone wants to extend their cruise you can go west to jasper or banff, or the columbia icefields. Get a pass now for free entry to the parks http://www.commandesparcs-parksorders.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=22953&urlLangId=-1&productId=524528

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mine came off a ranger!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oooh, slap a tail number on your Lincoln and sneak onto the ram river air strip for some speed runs.

It's gravel, but also a private air strip so it's only trespassing!

This isn't something i would normally openly admit, but it's information that may contribute greatly to your efforts. whoo, here it goes. I've often thought about how a 5 poster roo bar compliments the grille/headlight/fender arrangement of the Lincolns and how wonderful one would look on my own. It would be good fab practice, and contribute to both road safety, aesthetics, and resale value.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's a religious obligation.

Rustafarian?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure the black plague started when some guy bought an el camino that has been sitting for 25 years without a drivers side window and then drove it for 4 days.

I don't have any history books handy to verify, but i'm pretty sure that's how it started.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Now you need a bank of switches for MAIN, FUEL, ENGINE, NITROUS PURGE.

Also ejecto seato.

Pick n pull, check vans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The international museum is just a dude and he usually puts his phone number on the door if you wanna look at and talk about trucks.

• Locked thread