Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It has a radio, but it doesn't work on FM. It works on AM, it works on tape, the antenna comes out and goes in.

The antenna switch doesn't seem to do anything, and when you put it into FM radio mode it will just seek forever without finding a station. Manually tuning just brings static. I feel like there must be a dedicated antenna for "just FM" and the connector/wiring for it is broken off or something?

Radios of that vintage sometimes have a bar antenna inside for AM, and the normal aerial with the Motorola plug for FM. You should be able to put to check the plug tip to aerial and shield to chassis ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I did not realize its only 1700 miles to Calgary from SoCal. That does not help my crazy idea to drive the Rocky up to see the carnage ensue. Maybe I can donate some sweet California license plates to the winner, I blue and white ones sitting around.

• Locked thread