Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

Rangers lines look poo poo as usual. Glass in the lineup, Buch sitting, Vesey on the 2nd line, Girardi on the top pairing, and Staal-Holden a pairing even though they suck poo poo together

Oh well I shouldn't have expected anything different

love too dress our worst possible lineup in the fricken playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Chad Sexington posted:

Right on cue boys, thank you. Makes me feel like I'm back home in North Jersey.

In other news, Backstrom the new Jagr?

https://twitter.com/bmcnally14/status/852932071765020673

didn't babcock say almost the same thing about drew doughty once

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
yeah i'm sure a problem that you'd have with playoff hockey games would be no one in the stands

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
Fire Alain Vigneault

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i honestly wonder whether there is a coach alive who would do the right thing and not dress his worst players if they are Good Team Guys who used to maybe be good at some point (see: dan girardi) but there has to be a coach alive who would never have called tanner glass back up, never have played tanner glass over pavel buchnevich, and never got a hardon for tanner glass in the first place

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
don't get me wrong i think AV is a good coach and will do well once again when he goes somewhere else but i have always believed that any coach has a limited shelf life with any given team and i think that we are clearly seeing the results of AV having surpassed his in new york, unable to view his team with fresh eyes and make the roster decisions that he needs to

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Paulocaust posted:

Imagine caring this much about posting on a hockey forum /\

also playoff posters, don't trust anyone that believes in advanced stats.

it seems like you certainly care a lot about maintaining your gimmick of The Dumbest Guy About Hockey

grack posted:

Coming from experience - just wait until AV is fired and replaced and you'll realize just how good a coach he is.

Also, what the gently caress do you expect from that defense?

just because dan girardi and marc staal are on this team doesn't mean they need to be given top pairing minutes, especially not when one of the best defensemen you have spent half the season scratched because your coach is unable to accurately assess talent

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Schlesische posted:

Girardi-McD makes me question many many things. Mostly: Is Girardi bringing McD down that far or is McD just done?

i'm guessing you haven't seen him play without girardi, which he did for much of the season, during which stretches he was the team's best player. the fact that he is playing with girardi is something that he can not fix on his own. the coach, however could fix that. AV could also play adam clendening, who is better than at least 3 of the defensemen who the rangers dressed last night, but he does not do that because Leadership and Experience or some poo poo

and i agree regarding the horrible play through the neutral zone, which is also something that it is incumbent, as a matter of strategy, upon the coach to fix.

basically nothing that you have said has in any way disabused me of the notion that AV has run his course as the coach of the new york rangers

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

only two of those goals could really be said to have had anything to do with clendening, those being the second (which was a clusterfuck to begin with because of a bad broken play started by a misplay of the puck, not by clendening, on a routine dumpin) and the fourth (which, granted, wasn't very good on his part but i'll take what he contributes to the transition game over whatever the gently caress girardi is doing on any play in any part of the ice)

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Bootcha posted:

So Clendening is your version of the Hawks' Rozival.

we had him once when he was younger and better and true to form he was terminally underrated and made into an undeserving whipping boy

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
hockey penis

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Thank you

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i must reiterate that the only good thing in hockey is Hockey Penis

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

The Golden Man posted:

The sad thing about being an old hockey fan is theres no video of the sickest poo poo from forever ago like when Steve Smith speared some flame so hard it ruptured his spleen

ah well, good thing theres still video of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXLsDQeJIr4

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

that's a good one

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
there have been a bunch glass breaking hits but the linden one is probably the only one where a guy went entirely into the crowd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p7tngzHx-E

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i take back everything i said about alain vigneault if the rangers can continue playing like they did for the 2nd and 3rd period tonight, that was Good Hockey

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

RIP Carey Price, Kreider now has the excuse he needed

maybe he should find an excuse to actually play hockey a bit because he's been absolutely invisible thus far

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zodijackylite posted:

Hockey could use more dekes, but a football player's got the sickest dangle of the month.

not bad

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

xzzy posted:

Not great either. Didn't deserve a page full of empty quotes.

:corsair:

i mean as far as intentionally offensive humor (which i typically do not enjoy) goes it was pretty good and also i guess when the butt of the joke is a guy who was unequivocally a very bad person it's ok to make a joke like that about them although i do feel bad in a way for aaron hernandez because he clearly was hosed in the head and probably due to his athletic talent was actively encouraged in his sociopathic behavior and actively dissuaded from getting any help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
my dad texted me "kreider eats the corn out of my poo poo" last night and like 30 seconds later he set up the ot gwg

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
dan girardi also had a good game last night so i guess it was blind squirrel day

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Good soup! posted:

drat, that's a tough choice to make.

its burns

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Aphrodite posted:

(This is why)

https://streamable.com/cbfxp

nsfw if you have knees

Clean

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
Clean hit

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
in the first picture its the guy in the white team hitting the guy on the red team but in the second picture it's the other way around

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

ElwoodCuse posted:

Caps/Penguins is de facto Stanley Cup Final confirm/deny

I'm not *picking* the Pens to win minus Letang, but I don't think it's impossible because the Caps should have stomped the Leafs

EDIT;

https://twitter.com/dtolensky/status/856332095286804480

the NHL and this dumbass playoff format can go straight to hell. If the Penguins didn't win the Cup just last year I'd be mad af

it seems like you are mad af regardless

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i didn't see that fiala femoral artery tweet but iirc taylor fedun almost bled out inside his leg on a similar collision a when he was with the oilers (i think) like 6 years ago

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

fits posted:

it was a preseason game where fedun was trying to go for the puck to prevent icing and gets tangled up with nystrom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHN0Jh8Q0M

no-touch icing when

now i can't remember whether it was fedun or kurtis foster who was the one who almost bled out inside their leg

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
whats a pretty good team whose biggest issue is needing a better goalie because please take henrik lundqvist from the rangers and get him the cup he deserves

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
its unfortunate that the new york rangers will not get to advance to the conference finals despite defeating the new york rangers in this series

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

The Dirty Burger posted:

I love AV, but he's making some weird choices in this series. Giving Buchnevich and Lindberg 5 minutes of ice time in a game that goes to double OT? Brady Skjei was their best defenseman after McDonagh last night, but he played the least minutes? I half expect him to scratch Buchnevich and play Tanner Glass 10+ minutes next game.

this is what i've been saying for months and the glass thing is probably going to actually happen

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

JoelJoel posted:

To he clear, EK is the most handsome and good man alive.

his goatee is loving dumb

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

i mean i knew all of this already but still eeuugghhhggg

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
wtf kind of name is Neal Pionk

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
yeah it's really hard to have your hands up at your stomach when a guy is sliding in your direction

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
Fire Alain Vigneault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

RC Cola posted:

That sucks about Crosby. I hope he's able to keep playing. How many concussions is that now?

• Locked thread