Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Go fancy prehistoric cats.

Hilarious to see Toronto in that bracket with Washington, Pittsburgh, and Columbus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm not too late for the wild suck party, am I? Well, they do.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 17, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, all that oil in the water gonna kill some marine life.

Anyway, is there a gif of that maf "save" from last night. Cause that was hilarious.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That's lovely but I meant the one off his head in OT.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mind_Taker posted:

Haha Ovechkin only had 15 minutes of ice time tonight. Gotta get the 4th line their minutes.

This is the dumbest thing. Trotz is an idiot.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gunjin posted:

So, Nashville fans, were there hints that maybe Trotz wasn't a good coach when he was with the Predators? He's getting clearly out-coached by Babock, which to be fair, would happen to most coaches, but not to this degree. He only iced Ovechkin for 15 minutes in what was the most important game of the season, and it's not like Ovechkin was playing poorly, he was maybe Washington's best forward last night. Until forced by injury to play him he sat his 5th best defensman (and one whose speed most ably matches up to Toronto) in favor of broken rear end Alzner, and old pylon Orpik. He's let Babcock dictate the line matchups, even on home ice. Seemingly the only adjustments he's made were to turtle with the lead last night, which as we can all see, didn't work so well.

Kuzy looked better, but yeah, ovi was hitting everything and getting shots; not giving him more time was a... really weird decision.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pour one out for goalie fights.

Coaches getting pucks to the face.

And gotta love game tying 6v5 plays in the dying seconds.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

Then how stupid would they look when a head shot gets you a game, and a nut shot gets you 3?

3 for a nut shot, 2 for the head, 1 for just the shaft.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Crazy idea: call lots of penalties. It'll increase scoring and if teams want a competitive edge, they can stop doing stupid poo poo that causes them to take penalties.

E: bonus: when teams stop doing dumb poo poo, scoring will also probably go up!

E2: lol, Jk. Just make the nets bigger or rounded or something.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 19, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

It's not just powerplays. Its allowing quick small forwards to make plays instead of being grabbed and held mid deke. Defensemen would have to change they way they play if they can't just grab the guy who can out skate them.

Calling obstruction when it happens would increase scoring, and make the entertaining players more entertaining.

P much this. Increasing the number of penalties called isnt the end goal, simply a means of forcing teams to adjust how they play so the game can speed up and allow good players and display their talent.

Clutch and grab is poo poo and makes for poo poo hockey.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bit of a stretch.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bub spank posted:

Karlsson and Bobby Ryan are basically dragging the Sens through this series

Uuuh, I think you're missing a bald man.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I guess his even odd good bad seasons translate into the playoffs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That joke is as brutal as her areolas.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

See, I really want to go with rags in 5 or 6 cause Ottawa ain't great and Karlsson is half dead, but poo poo like this makes me think it can easily go either way.

E:

Lol

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 26, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jordan7hm posted:

The rangers win that trade.

Due to my above post I briefly though the trade you were referring to was zbad and brassard. Now that would be a funny one!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Levitate posted:

Brass has been an excellent playoff performer but I dont' think he'll live up to regular season expectations.

Zibs needs to stay healthy for the Rangers next year and find his groove, that injurywas a tough one to deal with

70 points next season.

Also, I can't wait for zbad to score the series clinching goal over that garbage team.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That's it, Sens gonna win the cup.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas going first overall.

E: eh, close enough. Woot

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 30, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

To he clear, EK is the most handsome and good man alive.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was reading Crosby's wikipedia page because of this conversation. I didn't know he has an Emmy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey, I heard that the Rangers managed to split the first 4 games with Ottawa and an injured Karlsson GUESS THAT MEANS THEY'LL WIN THE CUP! NOBODY STANDS A CHANCE! BROOOOTHER!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Also, maf is killing it, but obviously our old rear end, former goalie gm is definitely way too smart to fall in love with an aging, locker room guy keeper on a hot streak. Yeah, I mean there's no chance he'll be fooled into keeping the young, consistent, and more talented guy over maf. No way. It could never happen.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

bewbies posted:

I'll interject myself into volume one million of Penschat to let everyone know the Blues last game of the season is probably tonight, which is weird considering the Preds are a bunch of sucky pussies.

I think the more appropriate genitalia based comparison would be a pretty stiff D.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So Sid and EK going to collide at centre ice and both explode into nothingness or is that game 2?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

Fortunately we no longer employ Matt Cooke so EK should be safe.

His ankles are like 40 percent duct tape and a good fart will concuss Crosby at this point.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrgYmRBnjg

Also funny IIRC Clarkson had just signed that great contract to save the leafs and got slapped with 20 games for leaving the bench during that brawl. Simpler times.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duckman2008 posted:

With the Preds going up 2-1 in the series, I figure I should put their chants that I know down so you have them.

Tell me if I miss any. For reference Paul is the Preds announcer.

Edit: forgot about the beginning of the game: at the beginning of the game Paul announces the opposing team starting lineup. The response is "SUCKS" the each player name, and then when Paul goes "coach whomever" the response is "HE SUCKS TOO."

When Preds score:

-Tim McGraw song

-Black keys "gold on the ceiling" with crowd chanting "hey! You suck!" 3 times. Then "we're gonna beat the hell out of you! You! You you you!"

-a few moments late: "that's 2! Thank you (goalie name), can we have another? He shoots, he scores, you suck!"

-then a few moments later: "(chants goalie name 3 times)." Then "You Suck! It's all your fault! it's all your fault! it's all your fault!"

When Nashville goes on a power play:

Paul goes "your Nashville Predators are (crowd joins in) ON.....THE....POWERPLAY!"

Penalty kill:

Paul announces the penalty, and Paul goes "(opposing team) is on the.....power play..." and crowd responds "and they still suck!"

Near end of he period, Paul will go "there's one minute left in the period" and the crowd responds "Thanks Paul!"

Edit 2: end of game if Preds win:
-"Hands go Up Song! "
-"Hey! You suck!" 3 times
- "we just beat the hell out of you! You! You you you!"

Other notes:
-The Preds organist is Krazy Kyle. He is awesome.
-Gnash is the best mascot
-Nashville is awesome.

Random hockey memory: i was there for a game where the Preds thanked Jason Arnott, and the Fans chanted a chant of "Arnott, Artoo," (get it?) which was a great chant as well.

Nashville is cool.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DJExile posted:

"Gold On the Ceiling" is a good rear end goal song, and i ordinarily hate country music but i guess nashville can be forgiven for using it because, well it's goddamn nashville

Uh, wat? That's country now?

Also, country music is the least good thing about an otherwise very cool and very good Nashville. Ellis is a beast, Subban is a beaute, and those yellow sweaters look sharp AF.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Any Scottish goons know where I can catch the ice hockey game in Glasgow? Do they have hockey here?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^ that would he cool but don't think I'll manage that.

Found a pub that maybe plays games. They close an hour before the game starts. Might get to catch an early one Sunday. gently caress.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 18, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hand Knit posted:

Last I knew the games were shown on some weird bespoke but technically-national station, so I just hunt streams on reddit. Unless you're asking about the Braehead Clan, in which case they're at the Braehead mall.

e: Most places are going to be closed by 1AM, though if you're asking about the Sunday evening game I may have an idea.

e:

Bad news

I'll be in fort Augustus on Sunday. Maybe I'll troll around for a sports bar that can accommodate a Canadian. Thanks for the tips, all.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, bro takes his southern hockey arena singer gig seriously.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Some of my best friends are cocksuckers. Always just figured it was more akin to saying "you're a woman" than "you're a gay". Either way, I'm sure we can survive without it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't agree with that at all. Imo NHL reffing is by far the best out of the four major North American sports, and they generally do a pretty good job. I'd like to see them enforce interference rules more strictly, but that's clearly a mandate they've put in place to try and reduce concussions.

Shouldn't you be working, Mr Peel?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I dunno, I don't mind the idea of a Pens Preds final. Plenty of teams I'd prefer over the Pittsburgh again, but the idea of a deep offence and good goalie (with a broken, poo poo D) going against a deep D and good goalie (with a broken kinda poo poo offence) doesn't sound all that bad.

Or we have Ottawa and Anaheim and :suicide:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And most people predicted that power house Ottawa would be at least in the conference finals.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^yeah, these "haven't won't on the second Thursday of the months on non leap years since the carter administration" stats are about as stupid and meaningless as sport stats come.

Lol, poor pens, only have Crosby Malkin Kessel and a bunch of young guns taking a step up. Oh, and when maf's god mode wore off they only had Murray to step in. Truly amazing they win games.

ANYWAY, I like don't mind Ottawa because they have some fun players and I've lost money betting against them every loving round now. I've learned my lesson. The Ottawa senators are winning the Stanley Cup... somehow.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That last quote must have stung Weekes a little bit.

• Locked thread