Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The worst part is going to be when Nashville turns back into a pumpkin after beating the Hawks, then getting swept by the Blues. :mad:

That's the best part actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

Hockey could use more dekes, but a football player's got the sickest dangle of the month.

:stonk:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

It wasn't though

Just because you make contact with a knee or whatever as part of an otherwise legal check doesn't make it illegal

The fact that it was called a trip, which is an obstruction foul, rather than kneeing or some other safety foul, tells me the ref twitched when he saw ovi go down and then had to assess something vaguely related to what happened to save face

Do you actually know anything about the rules at all?

code:
44.1 [b]Clipping[/b] - Clipping is the act of throwing the body, from any direction, across or below the knees of an opponent

I mean watch literally the first loving example of a legal hip check from DPS

https://youtu.be/2CfdAeS9bEc

The first hip check looks nothing like the hit on Ovi. That first clipping example looks oddly close to the hit on Ovi though. Thanks for proving yourself wrong.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Lol

just lol

Completely different!

If I knew how to do video editing I'd put all three side by side but oh well

I'm not arguing hip checks aren't dangerous, but according to the current rules that's a legal hit

Perfect, grab the angle the doesn't show where he's getting hit when every other angle shows it's at the knee.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

bewbies posted:

Can I get a quick rundown on why I should hate the Predators and their fan base

You shouldn't and instead should love and support them for being great and non-toxic.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Yessss. I knew someone would record and post this

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

DJExile posted:

The west was a far weaker conference on the whole this year

More specifically, the metro was super strong this year. The Atlantic however...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
The world would be a better place if the ducks were forced to play against predator drones instead of the hockey team.

• Locked thread