Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm worried about my team because I don't know how healthy any of them really are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

But Tortorella has changed! He's a good coach now! Good at...coach stuff!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Hartnell can gently caress off, too.

https://twitter.com/Benstonium/status/853048523469856768

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

I enjoy that the Pens just ignore the cheap poo poo these days and keep playing. By far the best thing Sully has brought to them as a coach.

I was just thinking about how the Pens used to goon it up when they were losing and how glad I am they don't do it anymore. Sullivan is just great.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/853785501974884352

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

The playoffs are going pretty loving fantastically, imho

I have to agree.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Someone got a tattoo of Phil riding a hot dog.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS4jguQDMYv/

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I can't wait until they get rid of Fleury.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

He had to do chemo follow-up for that, too. He also fell backwards into an open bench door and apparently had a hard time recovering from that in terms of his skating.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Fleury might have a good save percentage but the's still out of position all the time and giving up insane rebounds. Still playing the puck directly to the other team, too. He's just nerve-wracking to watch.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Benson Cunningham posted:

They used to call him 'athletic.' Which was code for 'out of position.' Your post perfectly captures how it feels to watch him play.

Oh, they still call him athletic. And the endless excuses for him from the media is super annoying. He seems like a really nice guy but I never want to watch him play another game for the Penguins.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I just think he's been lucky that more of his mistakes haven't been costly. Nothing in his past points to him being able to sustain anything close to 933.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxiCysYzpc

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Gio posted:

uh are you actually using single game sv%

Shockingly, that was his sv% for the series.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I just hope our dudes are okay.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

despite a general tendency towards "america first" policies, Trump has inexplicably agreed to hold the presidential ceremony at rogers place if the oilers win the cup

lol

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Fleury is playing way over his head.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah, I'd be pissed, too.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Caps remembered they can score goals.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Call Your Grandma posted:

Honestly the only thing that would piss me off about Ottawa winning the cup would be having Chris Neil's name on it.
MacArthur and Phaneuf both got poo poo on by a lovely Toronto front office/coach and a lovely Toronto media, respectively, and it would be nice for them to see the same kind of redemption that Kessel got (albeit in much lesser roles). It seems like most Canadian hockey fans that live in different cities from their teams (or at least the one's I've met to date) cheer for Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver so I'm really not worried about meeting insufferable Ottawa fans.

gently caress Phaneuf forever for getting on Phil about cookies on-camera in 24/7.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Kalenn Istarion posted:

No you see Phil was getting on the cookies

The fuel to be ten times the player Phaneuf ever will be.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Infidel Castro posted:

Look, that's not exactly an accomplishment. I've been posting "The Flyers are trash and will always find a way to gently caress up" on this forum for nearly 7 years and nobody's giving me a medal.

Maybe you should get a medal.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Root for Phil. He'd root for you.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I thought that if the Pens were eliminated I would have to hear the thousandth iteration of this discussion since the playoffs last year. Little did I know that it would happen anyway!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I think someone in the GDT asked for this.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/bobgrove91/status/866435360628363265

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The best kind of rookie.

• Locked thread